cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created another PROD server to lessen load on first prdo server. Encountering tranport error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We recently added another PROD server to lessen the load on our first PRO server. But we are encountering an error during transport. When i use stms in PROD server it ends up being stuck in "tp connecting to database state". Then when i turn off the second PROD server it works fine again. Can anyone help me.

Any answer is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

unlocking the objects via SE03 and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan,

Thank you for your reply. My problem is transporting works fine when i only use one prod server but when i turn the second one on the problem with the tp connecing to databse hang occurs. Can you tell what is the cause of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

Your landscape will be as below correct?

DEV >> QTY >> PRD1

PRD2

Only you need to share your Domain tp directory to PRD2 also...then if you want to import a request into PRD2, easily you can find in tp directory...for this something you have to work with your OS admin.

Please check your trans directory in PRD2 server its same as PRD1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan,

Is it possible that both servers share the same trans directory and still work properly?

or do i really have to set a different directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

Share same directory.

Domain Controller Trans directory is shared directory for all landscape systems.

You can share and check.

Check DIR_TRANS parameter in instance profile( PRD1 & PRD2).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srinivasan.

Answers (0)