cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Numbering Tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I would like to know if anyone knows if there are any tools (off the shelf) or internal to SAP to manage External Numbering of the Material Master??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

Can you please explain the scenario where you are trying to use External Number Generation for Material Master?

Also let me know if you are using SAP MDM tool for the same. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankush thanks for the answer so far - We are NOT useing MDM. My client needs a way to Manage Globally the external numbers for Materials in Ranges. I know we can build a tool to do this but I wanted to know if anyone knows of an Off the Shelf tool that does this. We are not the only ones that use this number strategy. Maybe SAP has a Tool or some Views or combination of Config and Custom Code to accomplish this. I know in Pharma this is common.

Thanks

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

I am not aware of any such tool as of now. But you can definitely define Number ranges(as per Material Groups) in SAP ECC system and can also maintain the latest number to be used for next creation. Then you can create an RFC which will be called by any external system while creating the Material. Whenever it is called, it will auto increment the latest number by 1 for the concerned Material Group. In this way you can achieve your requirement of using the External Number Generation. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj