cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error in pck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configured sender file adapter in pck. When i checked communication channel monitoring am getting this error.

"<b>Error: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: Failed to read channel configuration. Reason: Value with name NumberRetries not available</b>"

How to solve this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you using File content conversion,,

Then check the below..

Retry Interval (secs) : Specify the number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before a file processed with errors is processed again.

If the value is set to null, then the adapter is canceled if an error occurs, even if a value greater than null is specified for Poll Interval (secs).

ELSE

the key field settings for your CONTROL line is necessary since there is no "excluding" logic for reading the different lines (e.g. all lines with DUMMYKEY <> E2BPBULOCM03 are SEGMENT lines.). The file adapter looks for lines identified by a specific key and then converts these lines to xml fragments.

In your case you should look for a field that identifies your CONTROL lines and use this field as key field

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am not using file content conversion. The input file is an xml file.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

even if you use XMl also it is required check your file adapter for that option it will be below your polling interval

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried giving retry interval in file adapter and in visual admin retry inverval has already been given.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are communication entries try to give same time that you give in polling interval. can you paste your Commnication chaneel entries here

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured file adapter commu. channel of pck as below

Transport protocol: FTP

Msg. protocol: File

Then i have given values for Server, Port.

QoS: EO

Poll interval,Retry interval : 60 secs

Processing mode: Delete.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the following reasons

--Please check your authorizations to delete file from FTP..it will try to delete but failed if you havenot any authorizations..

-- Please update cache.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also see the below link

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap

Points rewarded if it is usefull.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

sakthi,

make it zero for retry interval

regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for numberRetries parameter check : Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI and here change/add the value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Retry interval has already been set as

xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default -- 3

xiadapter.outbound.retryInterval.default -- 300000

in visual admin of both PCK and XI.

Thanks,

Sakthi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default --</b>

i doubt the issue arises becoz of case sensitiveness. change numberRetries to NumberRetries...just a try

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

sakthi

in file adapter can you add number of retries field retry values if have already done this then check in visual admin for the same