Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface sequencing

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two file to RFC async interfaces...

My requirement is only when the first interface is complete successfully the second should start.

I know abt the channel scheduling option at different times...but i do not want to use that ....i also do not want to use bpm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt if using BPM will assure that your first message is successfully delivered in order to send second message.

Consider a scenario wherein your receiver RFC communication channel is in error. In this case you will see message successfully deliverd in Moni but in Adapter engine it will be in error! So for Async scenario getting checkered flag in Moni doesn't always mean it is successful.

One option could be send first send File - RFC and when you trigger second File->RFC interface perform RFC lookup(could be based on single field) in mapping to make sure first call is successful (if not then fail the mapping). Also you have consider channel scheduling in this case or somehow make sure the order is followed.

Another option could be using EOIO mode and you have to make sure about the sequence in which file will picked. But its drwaback will be it will stop all the following message if any of the message failes. However there is an option of Custom Adapter Module which will help to create EOIO queues specific to message.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

But if I use EOIO.....will it make sure that the first RFC in the ECC was successfully posted..?

the EOIO sequecing will check only till the receiver RFC adapter right

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

NO, it will just process the messages in same order in which it entered SAP PI. May be 100 messages will get placed in PI queue irrespective of whether the previous message is successfully posted or not, but the Process Sequence will be maintained. If a single message fails, all the messages will be stuck, its better if you dont for this solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EOIO will check whether the first message status is DLVD or not ...i.e till RFC adapter and it wont bother whether the message has been processed successfully or not in ECC....

if message gets failed in RFC adapter level then other message will not be processed till your clear the first message...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Go for RFC Lookup.

File Sender --> Mapping (RFC Standard Lookup - 1st RFC which needs to be completed) --> RFC Receiver (2nd RFC needs to be completed)

RFC Lookup Blog: http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-s...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i wouldnt recommend a lookup here since this is a async post into SAP rather than retrieval.

The best option u have is adapter scheduling followed by BPM. Any thing else will only prove to complicate the solution.