Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU25 Steps 2A-2D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have few questions in running SU25 Steps 2A-2D.

We recently upgraded to a new release. After the upgrade, I've executed Step 2A two times (due to network problem) and found that it affected the result of Step 2C. Is there any way if I can get back the Step 2C result to show which roles are affected?

Is there any problem if execute Step 2A multiple times?

Understand that there are new objects added after the SU25 execution. We have master role and derived roles in the system, found that derived roles auth objects value have automatically changed. For example, we have restricted object: F_KNA1_GRP value in the derived roles, but after executed SU25, the value has changed back same as the master role. How does it happened if just executing SU25?

Another thing that I found out is new objects are only added into the derived roles, but why it did not add into master roles?

Please help. I can't find any similar issue from other SU25 topic.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your description, the sets of roles where messed up with undistributed changes and local modifications before the upgrade already.

It is very usefull to simulate the merge and effects of the upgrade process before you actually do it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your reply.

I did not use the merge mode in Step 2C, I used the manual way of maintaining the roles. When comes to role maintenance after the new objects added, found that the auth objects in derived roles are messed up. Restricted field value in the objects are changed back same as master role.

Until now I still can't figure out why new objects did not pump into the master roles. Any idea on this?

Truly appreciate for your help.

Thank you.