cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD query for technical system and business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am pretty new to PI and i was given a task to explain basis about creating TS and BS for a third party system.I have gone through SDN for docs and gathered some information. Just wanted to check if my understanding is correct or not.

We have a third party system which has it's own dev qa and prod environments

I am not yet sure of my sld set up. But here are my assumptions for both the cases

1)If we have three different sld's in PI

First we need to create a technical system of third party system in PI-Dev SLD and create a business system for third party dev system.

Transport the same to QA and create a TS and BS of third party QA system. Now create a transport group between Dev and QA

And similar procedure between QA and Production also.

In short we need to create 3 TS for all the third party systems environments and their respective Business systems.

2)My question what if my SLD is centralised. Then how can i create multiple BS for all three third party environments. Can i use one technical system to create 3 different business systems?

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our centralized SLDs (1 prod and 1 non-prod), we have a unique TS for each environment of third-party system, and each has only 1 respective BS. This matches the approach for ECC systems (not including multiple clients).

However I think your approach to have only 1 TS with 3 BS should work too.

You may also need to create the Dev BS in the Prod SLD and set up transport target from Dev to Prod. It depends how you do transports. If you use CTS+ or something like that, it will be the files exported from PI-Dev that get imported into PI-Prod, not the ones from PI-QA.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos