cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call WebDynpro from SAPGUI without reauthentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created an WDA and I want to call it in place in an SAPGUI transaction.

Situation is as follows:

User is connected to SAP over Classic SAPGUI

working in Customer Interaction Center ( TCODE CIC0 ) in Component Utilities.

Inside the L-shape design of the application the WDA is called via a context menue entry.

Access to the WDA is over the complete URL off SICF Service.

But the WDA asks again for user and password.

I found a url parameter sap-wd-sapgui but still the WDA asks at least one time for user and password

after input it doesn't ask again as long as the SAPGUI session exists.

Is there any way to tell the WDA that it is called from authenticated SAPGUI user so it doesn't

ask again for credentials?

I hope somebody can help?

Thanks

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

There are 2 things as I understand.

1. First level of authentication for connecting to the WDA which is to be done for netweaver client. (SAPGUI and WDA are 2 different technologies) so if you want a easy way to access it then you can create a common user id and password and hard code it in the SICF service of the web dynpro application. The hard way is of the single sign on as I understood.

2. Authentication of the user who is running the application through SAPGUI, you can pass it as the parameter of the called web dynpro application and based on that user id you can flow it in the web dynpro application.

Please ask for more if I am not very clear

* Reward points if useful

Regards,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the instance profile parameters

login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1

login/create_sso2_ticket = 2

Set dynamically in transaction RZ11 and once verified to work set permanently in transaction RZ10 and restart the instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

thank for your response, but the parameters are already set according to your advice.

Do I have to create an sso ticket in any way on my own inside my WDA?

Regards Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it should work. Check that the icm/host_name_full is properly setup. Also check that the hostname in the SAP GUI connection and the URL to call the WDA match. Last, make sure the ICF service /default_host/sap/public/myssocntl is active. Increase security verbosity for the developer trace in SM50 to find out why the SSO isn't happening.

Also check your browser settings, see SAP note 1622467 for details.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1622467

Former Member
0 Kudos

what browser settings do i need to reconfigure?

please elaborate

in future i have to do it by self