cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST not detecting DB Server Version Oracle 11.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to complete a homogeneous copy of our QA system back to a sandbox.

We have successfully completed this procedure in the past but since last time we have upgraded our Netweaver 2004s system (ECC 6.0) database from Oracle 10.2 to 11.2. When we run sapinst we get to a screen where database instance parameters are asked for. The tool finds the oracle 112 home but the DB version on the next line is pre-filled with 102. I can't change this in the drop drop down.

Should I be using a more up to date version of the Installation Master CD? If so, which one?

Currently we are using INST_MAST_51032260_13.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm also fasing same issue now. But I unable to find DVD Installation Master part number 51043841 in service market place

And try to edit contorl.xml and keydb.xml file. after edit also version is showing 102 only..

Please help me as same..

Regards,

Varun Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I unable to find DVD Installation Master part number 51043841

What is the error while searching for this DVD ?

Regards,

Nick Loy

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should use SWPM as your primary installation medium alias SLTOOLSET -> Software Logistic Toolset 1.0 -> System Privisioning Manager 1.0 SP6 -> Download Tool -> <your_os> -> and then either 70SWPM.. für Netweaver 7.0-based installations or SWPM... for newer ones...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are using the installation master is not supporting Oracle 11.X. You can use Installation master D51040125 or use SWPM. I also faced the same issue and after used the installation master D51040125 then it was resolved.

Regards

Jose H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, I was able to get past this issue by downloading the DVD Installation Master part number 51043841 whos sapinst was able to recognize oraclke 11.2.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please try to use the latest SAPINST . You can edit the xml files and change it. But you should be sure of the places where you need to change.

Hence IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use the latest SAPINST to get the oracle 112 version .

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Can you try clicking on "revise" on the last screen? I think you will be able to select 112.

Regards,

Hugo

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

You may do the following

1) Look for control.xml & keydb.xml files in the installation master DVD or the installation directory.

2) Search for entries "102"

3) replace it with "112"

4) Save the file and re-start the sapinst process.

Sapinst will read the updated control.xml file and provide you with an option of oracle 11g installation.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

yes your SAPINST (7.0 SR2) is too old. Direct Oracle 11g R2 installations are implemented and supported since NW 7.0 SR3 (Sapnote #1478350).

Regards

Stefan