cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we integrate BSP applications in abap webdynpro applications for designing a rich look and fell??

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi All, Can we integrate  BSP applications in abap webdynpro applications for designing  a rich look and fell , more user friendly web applications in sap .....??
Why i thought like this means it is supporting both css and javascript .. By using Css we can customize our ddesigns and by using javascript more userfriendly apps we can design...so .. How far it is true ...?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then design a BSP application alone, Why you want to integrate it in Web Dynpro ABAP..

you can call a  BSP application from Web dynpro application.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

If you are really looking for look and feel in webdynpro applications, go for html5 . I can say bsp is almost out of dated. html5 applications are very light weight, high resolution and easy way of writing code compare to bsp applications.

I can say one real time example:

In sap crm, the biggest bsp UI, tcode "CRMWEBUI"  is completely designed by  bsp. Later identified as very difficult maintain like ui, modification, enhancements. so, they are completely  changing from bsp to webdynpro abap. It is the one of project going on right now.

So, my suggestion is better and try for html5, it makes as a latest technology application as well as better look. The html5 is well support by webdynpro.

Regards,

Kishorekumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your Reply. My Question is how we have to use HTML5 concepts in the webdynpro.

Is there any special T-code is there to develop such applications or  we can write them the bsp pages.

Because in webdynpro  layout we don't have  any  HTML5 ui elements like Canavas,Drag and Drop etc......

Thanks in Advance.

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

The below document may help you htlm5. Check it and try it.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9071424e-3724-3010-9b81-edd4e63d9...

Regards,

Kishorekumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KishoreKumar,

I read that document, and just tried in my system. But i didn't find any element called HTML CONTAINER  OR  HTMLISLAND.. From which version onwards is it available.

I am using EC6.0 with EHP4 framework......In this version it is not having the html options..Please Guide me

Thanks In Advance,

Regards,

vijayalakshmi

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmi,

This html ui elements are available from sap netewear 7.31 and SP 5 or ehp5.

i feel bad to say you......

regards,

Kishorekumar