cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy on RH6 oracle 10g error on istall common files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I've been diging into this for 48 hours, I'm making a system copy on a redhat 6 system, on the third phase of installing common system files I face the error that ./installsapinit.sh could not run, when I try to run it manually it does not giving me ^M, I changed the format to unix with no use.

Please advise

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that error among the message while I was trying to run the installer : libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory occurred..

I installed the missing libraries and stil there is no difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I believe you are not trying to build this system on VMWare. Oracle does not support 10G on Linux with VMWare. Next question is did you install all required package for SAP on RHEL6 ?

Also check the PAM ( product availability matrix) for your SAP release + Orcale10G + RHEL6 - whether SAP supports or not ?

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dipam,

Thanks for your reply, I've just passed the issue, the problem was that the installsapinit.sh that was located in the installation master was in the dos format, using the dos2unix conversion solved the issue.

Now I'm facing another issue that I hope you might be able to help; I'm at the phase of "install database software" I login as ora<SID> and run the script RUNINSTALLER as usual, but it stops while loading at the line " at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:866)" and does not open the OUI, I cannot anticipate what the problem could be.

Kindly advise if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Did you set the DISPLAY and JAVA_HOME environment variables ?

Start any xWindows software ( like Reflextion or Exceed hummingbird) before setting the DISPLAY variable.

Regards,

Dipam