Did you mean: 

G/L account for cash settlement not determined => Reconciliation Account used

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the following problem:

01 - I have a billing document configured for cash settlement;

02 - When the determination of the cash settlement account fails, SAP posts the document using the reconciliation account defined in the customer's master data;

I would prefer that, when the determination of the cash settlement account fails, the system would not post the billing document at all. Is there a solution for this?

Regards,

João

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello João,

there is not a solution in the standard.

You should create an FI validation stopping the release to accounting.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

João

Is this related to Agency Business?

If not, I don't think you need reconciliation account determination for alternative reconciliation account.

Instead, regular reconciliation as maintain in customer master-company code data, should suffice your requirement.

Therefore, you can remove this alternative reconciliation account determination for your billing doc. So, simply, remove the assignment of your billing doc type with reconciliation account determination procedure.

In case, any concerns, do revert back.

Regards, JP

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

1. This is not related to Agency Business
  2. I do not use reconciliation account determination, the account is maintained in customer master-company code data;
  3. I also do not have any reconciliation account determination procedure assigned to my billing document type;

Regards,

João

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That what I suspected.

Logically,

- If you don't have cash account determined for cash sales, how system will allow to accounting entry for revenue?

- If you don't have any revenue entry on releasing the billing doc to the accounts, then why system will corresponding reconciliation account?

To assist you further, can please share the screenshot from your accounting generated?

Thanks, JP