cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SBO explorer in iPad connection to BOBJ system.

0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

My team has got an iPad and they want to me to show Bobj explorer infoviews in iPad. Previously we used to connect to Bobj explorer through this link:
http://vmwxxxx:xxxx/explorer and enter username & password, there we had a connection to hana system, in which we used to build infoviews on the analytical views visible with that connection. Now my team wants to view these infoviews in iPad. How do i start with this?

What i've done so far is:

1. Install SAP Afaria on iPad.
2. Install SAP SBO explorer from apple store in iPad.

3. Enter Bobj explorer server details in that application for the connection.

But now i get the error saying, it 'cannot find the server'. I'm using the SAP Internet connection. Previously i tried with SAP Corporate connection but there i was getting error saying 'no internet access'.  So what more is required to configure the connection? Am i missing some steps? Kindly help.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This discussion also talks of people who got it working.

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Let us analyze your problems in detail.

1) Why does you iPad not connect to SAP-Corporate.

This can be due to a number of reasons. Few that i can think of are

a) You say that you installed Afaria on iPad only recently. I think that all SAP devices need to have Afaria installed by IT. If this was not done before i think that the device is not being recognized due to this.

b) Check whether your proxies have been set on the device for the specific connection that you refer to.

What i would suggest is to take the device to it and have them install it for you.

2) How to use your app?

I think this discussion might be able to help you.

Best Regards,

Sujith