Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify.

1. II have a SOAP to RFC synchronous scenario. When third party system is calling SAP PI webservices, we are providing third party system with SAP PI URL, Username and password along with WSDL file. But if they are trying to connect to SAP PI with wrong username and password,

a. Will they receive a response message from SAP PI? If yes what would be the message?

b.  When I am testing with SOAP UI to send message to SAP PI by giving wrong username and password, I am getting a logon failure message. Will they also receive the same message?

2.  When third party system is calling SAP PI Webservices, can they use POST HTTP request method? What could be the connection header details?

3. For outbound to SAP interface (IDOC to SOAP), we have received WSDL file from third party system. This is developed as an asynchronous interface in SAP PI. But if third party is sending some response or exceptions, PI have to ignore the exceptions or the response message. So if we are designing this interface as an asynchronous in SAP PI and if third party system is returning exceptions or response, will there be any failures in RWB?

Thanks

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers.

For 1st question....

For logon failure message, third party system is requesting the structure. Is there a way to get this structure from PI?

For 3rd question..

Third party is sending exception in soap fault structure. How can I get the xsd structure for this?

They have given some examples of soap fault structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

>>For logon failure message, third party system is requesting the structure. Is there a way to get this structure from PI?

If the message comes to PI then you can see the input message in SXMB_MONI (since it directly hits the integration engine first in case of SOAP).If it is not even reached to PI we can't help.Ask them to check the logs in their system.

>>How can I get the xsd structure for this?

Fault structure(wsdl) will be shared by there .we simple need to import the wsdl shared by them in PI.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat for quick response

For logon message, it didnt even reach sxmb_moni. We have not yet developed the scenario and third party system wants to know prior to the development about logon failure message structure.

Regarding fault structure, this is not available in wsdl file provided by third party team.

They have given some example how fault structure looks like.. Is there a way to build the structure from examples of soap fault structure provided by them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Regarding fault structure, this is not available in wsdl file provided by third party team.

Usually it is not our job .Better ask them to share the new wsdl which is having fault structure as well.

If it is at sender side we need to take care of creation of fault message.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/5946db5f693912e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat. Third party team have provided the fault structure.

Regarding 1st question

For logon failure message, third party system is requesting the structure. Is there a way to get this structure from PI?

Please let me know how can I get the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is the job of the webservice provider to include the schema for the possible cases in the WSDL , they provide.. I do not understand why they would request the structur from a PI developer ..

Pls get this clarified

Rgds,

Krishnamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

For log on failure sender system receives standard HTTP error "401 Unauthorized".

>>For logon failure message, third party system is requesting the structure. Is there a way to get this structure from PI?

Generally We don't handle these situations .If they configured the url properly there wont be any issues.Generally in PROD unexpired users are used .so need to worry about password expiry case. Don't make the things complicated.

Fault messages(application-specific error ) VS system errors

Ex:

Source system (SAP PM ) is sending postcode to some target system (using web service to communicate).Target system is sending complete address in return to SAP PM.

case1:

For Postcode sent no address found then they will respond back with a fault message "No matching address found". -->These are application-specific error situations

case2:When target is down or when n/w issue situations PI receiver adapter receives systems errors.

These are not come under fault exceptions

Regards

Venkat

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. II have a SOAP to RFC synchronous scenario. When third party system is calling SAP PI webservices, we are providing third party system with SAP PI URL, Username and password along with WSDL file. But if they are trying to connect to SAP PI with wrong username and password,

a. Will they receive a response message from SAP PI? If yes what would be the message?

b.  When I am testing with SOAP UI to send message to SAP PI by giving wrong username and password, I am getting a logon failure message. Will they also receive the same message?

It depends on what type of system authentication/sending request to PI but they get error Unauthenticated / user authentication failed.

i did estore/.net/biz talk/sfdc integration , my sender system system team used complain services were not autheticated when credetials were wrong.

2.  When third party system is calling SAP PI Webservices, can they use POST HTTP request method? What could be the connection header details?

already answered by other experts

3. For outbound to SAP interface (IDOC to SOAP), we have received WSDL file from third party system. This is developed as an asynchronous interface in SAP PI. But if third party is sending some response or exceptions, PI have to ignore the exceptions or the response message. So if we are designing this interface as an asynchronous in SAP PI and if third party system is returning exceptions or response, will there be any failures in RWB?

If third party sending any response ack then you dont see it in PI RWB inless if communication channel throws error, but you can change it to Sync communication and supress response in PI(If you want to see response in PI).

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My question is..

In the WSDL file from third party system, wsdl operation contains both request and response.

If I am developing as an asynchronous (IDOC to SOAP) scenario, then

1. Will there be any errors in communication channel, if third party tries to send a response?

2. Will there be any errors in communication channel, if third party tries to sends any exception?

3. Even if I capture the response from third party system, how can I ignore the message? Is it through BPM.

Thanks

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Your understanding is correct. it will throw login faliure error message.

2. Either TP can send it through SOAP WSDL End point or HTTP URL any of the method will work based on ability of thrid party application.

3. In case of exceptions error will be shown in RWB - communication channel monitoring. As it is async response will not be recieved by PI.

Thanks

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)When credentials used by third party system are wrong then they will get log on failure message

same as we get in soap ui.

2) Please go though the below url

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3163761

3)It will be failed at receiver adapter level.You will see message error out in receiver soap channel ;wont process further.

Regards

Venkat