cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict PR creation from maintenance/work order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do we restrict PR creation from mainteanance order for a perticular user?

based on previous postings, activate the object M_BANF_BSA in SU24 for IW31 transaction and then kept it blank in the role; I am getting the information message only but i want to restrict and not allow the creation of PR from a work order.  I appreciate your reply...

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only issue with M_BANF_BSA is that its not called until REL (unless you default the PR to be created immediately) so the user can add PR lines at CRTD and they will be saved.

Maybe a better solution is to check at save via user-exit IWO10009 or BADI WORKORDER_UPDATE

But this will depend on your requirements???

PeteA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Go to Display IMG > Plant Maintenance & Customer Service > Maintenance & Service Processing > Maintenance and Service Orders > Functions and Settings for Order Types > Define Change Docs, Collective Purc. Req. Indicator, Operation No. Interval and By Plant & Order type combination you can set your Reservations/PR creation to "2 - From Release". This way all your Plant Work Orders -  PR will not get created until you "Activate Reservation/PR creation" through the Work Order. Then you can only give access for activating PR creation through Authorizations to those Users which you want to create PRs.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Wankash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no authorization object defined for 'Reservation/Pr creation', hence this may not work.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case (Not to create both IW31 & ME51N), then if you make PR creation at release, you can control giving Release Authorisation to those users.

Else you may have to try some development.

Make PR creation at Release action & Give authorisation of Maintenance Order Release only to the person who is authorised to create PR. As you mentioned, that person will not create PR either manually or through PM order, you can control by PM Order release.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How will this stop people changing the "at Release" indicator to "Immediate" before the order is released thus creating the PR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Pete, your question is valid.

Though, PR triggering field is not visible in the normal screen view unless they scroll down to right side.

Training can be given in such a way that those specific users are not authorized to create.

Still, its not infallible solution to follow.

But through Field Selection at Operation Level (T code: OIOPL)& Component Level (T code: OICMPD) in IMG, we can control editing of this field.

former_member283520
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

My require is also similar if I am selecting 1 never option I am not able to create PR through Order, but when calculating the costs I am not able to see the costs for the components, I will be glad for your suggestion. Please mail me on jagadeshputtagunta@gmail.com.

Thanks & Regards

Jagadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried  object BSART in M_BANF_BSA?

What happen if you don't give  auth of  Tcode ME51N to user?

Have a look on thread..  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3241915

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for quick reply, link given by you is for release authorization related one.  Can you please explain me about BSART in M_BANF_BSA and how to go?

thanks for your help

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Tcode SU21 M_BANF_BSA  ,ACTVT=01 ,BSART= NB (your document type)

or consult your security/basis team.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/bf/e02c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

For IW31 & IW32, the given Authorisation object won't work as it has been mentioned as Do Not Check in SU24.

Actually, what is your requirement?? That user should not create PR from Maintenance Order only or even directly using ME51N as well??

If you want to control both, then don't give him authorisation for ME51N at all, so that he can't create PR either directly or using PM order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your right user should be allowed to create PR through either work order or direct creation(ME51N).  i tested even not giving the authorization to ME51N but still PR are creating through work order.  in SU24 against the transaction IW31 i have activated the object 'M_BANF_BSA' and kept display in the role, system throughs a warning message 'Missing authorization: M_BANF_BSA Create Doc.Type NB' but when we save the work order it creates the PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your right user should not be allowed to create PR through either work order or direct creation(ME51N).  i tested even not giving the authorization to ME51N but still PR are creating through work order.  in SU24 against the transaction IW31 i have activated the object 'M_BANF_BSA' and kept display in the role, system throughs a warning message 'Missing authorization: M_BANF_BSA Create Doc.Type NB' but when we save the work order it creates the PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case (Not to create both IW31 & ME51N), then if you make PR creation at release, you can control giving Release Authorisation to those users.

Else you may have to try some development.