Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE_ADMIN user password locked in PI7.31

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have PI7.3 ehp1 .While logging to NWA , i got password locked for user J2EE_ADMIN.Here we dont have visual admin tool i PI7.3EHP1.Kindly provide me your solutions as am ia am stuck here with no solutions

Let me know should i use config tool and what env variables have to be set to invoke the tool/screen in Solaris Unix

Regards

Basis basis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

You need to use the Config Tool and the process is:

1) Go to the Server Installed path i.e. usr\sap\<systemid>\<system instance>\J2EE\configtool\
2) Choose configtool.bat and start it.
3) Under Global Server Configuration, choose Services.
4) Find com.sap.security.core.ume.service, click it.
5) Under Global Properties, find ume.superadmin.activated
6) Set the Custom value to TRUE. Click on SET to apply the new value
7) Apart from that, you have to set another property i.e.
😎 ume.superadmin.password, define some password.The password that you are defining is for SAP*. save the changes.
9) Restart the cluster / server. Issue the command stopsap to do so.
10) Log on to Portal with SAP* as user and the defined password.
11) Create a User with Super Administrator role.
12) Go back to Config Tool and set the Custom Value as default value i.e. FALSE. save the changes.
13) Restart the Server.

Incase if you deploy a Application i.e. a Webdynpro or PAR and the Admin Password is not configured properly or is locked then

1) Go to Config Tool.
2) Choose Secure Store, right click.
3) Choose Admin\Passowrd\Systemid\
4) Set the Password value, choose add and save.
5) Restart Server.

If you are able to logon to Visual Admin , You can create a new user and assign him administrator group or Reset password .

1)  Go to the Server Installed path i.e. \usr\sap\<systeid>\<system instance>\j2ee\admin\go.bat Or in UNIX /usr/sap/<systeid>/<system instance>/j2ee/admin/go .
2)  Choose go.bat / go  and start it.
3)  Under Cluster ->Server<number>, choose Security Provider .
4)  Select Tab 'Runtime' and Inner Tab 'User Management'  , Click  Create User .
5)  And then assign to group Administrators .
6)  No Need to restart J2EE engine , Open http://<hostname>:<port>/irj/portal .
7)  Now go toUser Administration ->  Identity Management , Search for Administrator user and Unlock it . etc ....

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I know you have taken this from a link.let me tell u again.I am having PI7.3EHP1 and visual admin tool is not present for PI7.31.

Is there anyother way i guess (via config tool) can i reset the password of J2EE_ADMIN and added to this what  env variables has to be set  to launch the configtool.sh in UNIX

Regards

Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

No Visual Admin is not there Here after new coming SAP Product.

You need to set xclock on your linux server and execute configtool.sh script.

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your valuable help.Just followed your steps in the config tool and i have done it.Am able to login with J2EE_ADMIN too after logging with sap*

1) went to the Server Installed path i.e. usr\sap\<systemid>\<system instance>\J2EE\configtool\

2) Setenv DISPLAY =localhost:11.0 and started the configtool(./configtool.sh) .

3) Under Global Server Configuration, choose Services.

4) Found com.sap.security.core.ume.service,  and clicked it.

5) Under Global Properties,  ume.superadmin.activated is done

6) Set the Custom value to TRUE. Clicked on SET to apply the new value

7) Apart from that, i have  set another property i.e.

😎 ume.superadmin.password, define some password.The password that i defined is for SAP*. saved the changes.

9) Restarted the cluster / server. Issue the command stopsap to do so.

10) Log on to NWA  with SAP* as user and the defined password.

11) again went to startpage and logged into user management and removed the lock for J2EE_ADMIN and reseted the password

12) Went  back to Config Tool and set the Custom Value as default value i.e. FALSE. saved the changes.

13) Restart the Server.

14)Thereafter able to login with J2EE_ADMIN and reseted the password as per the screen directions.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Ram

Answers (0)