Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with text edit size limitation in webdynpro ABAP

former_member654348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing issue with text edit size. i was having all text edits mapped to field of size 132 char each. later on client came up saying, they should be able to enter free text without any size limitation. so changed the backend structure assignment to accept string without any size restriction(changed the date element to accept string, rather than 132 char), and it is working fine in development system. but when this is moved to quality system, these changes are not being reflected and allowing the old size limit of 132 characters only.

(The structures and mappings all are moved to quality, still not allowing user to enter more than 132 char intext edit field).

I compared the backend structures and all field mappings from development sys to quality. They are exactly same.

Tried regenerating the component in quality. Tried doing mapping again in dev system and again moved. still not reflecting.

Do anyone have idea on this kind of issue? your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Pallavi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in quality system go to t_code SMICM -> Goto -> HTTP Plug-in -> Server Cache -> Invalidate Globally.

if helpful reward points

former_member206479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Kiran, but with out deleting attribute you have to update the mapping ( right click on context node of view where you were used your node and do update mapping ), then activate component and re-transport it.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member654348
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran and Venkat for your inputs. I tried with update mapping and transported. still not getting reflected actually.

Thanks,

Pallavi.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its strange. Try deleting the attribute and creating new one with type string and re-bind it and retransport again and check.

Regards,

Kiran