cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure as what characteristics will be available while doing item configuration in sales order creation?

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The materials used in my company are differenciated based on their characteristic values.

I have a material which is assigned to a given class (of type 023 - batch). The class in question has a lot of characteristics associated with it.

During sales order creation, the item configuration screen opens up, where you can put in all the parameters such as diameter, width etc, for the roll to be manufactured.

The no. of characteristics available during sales order creation are more than the ones found in the class (maintained in the classification view). How is this config achieved?

Can someone please outline the basic steps required for VC.

Please note that I am talking of different material variants and not BOM selection in the sales order.

Thanks and regards

P.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Papri Rudra,

Seems you are getting confused between Variant configuration and Batch management.

as you have out lined , the clas associated with your material is of 023 so its a Batch class, check your material using MM02 or MM03 , its classification view , select first the class of type 300 , you will find all the characterstic you found at sales order characterstic assignment screen.

there is a lso a possibility that your material is having more then one class, so Classification view of material master will help you out for same.

If you atre not able to see clas of type 300 in material , one reason may be the authorization issue, once after ecexuting MM02 , type /NSU53 to check your authorizations for the transaction.

check all this and come back for further discussion.

please mark thread helpfull , if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Thanks for your answer.I have not configured VC before, so getting a little confused.

So, I went into the classification view of the kmat material and on opening the class 300 (variant type), there, I found a long list of characteristics. All the characteristics prompted ,while creating a sales order, are available in this list. I understand that in transaction CU50, you can configure as which char should be under which tab of the item config (fixed? general?)

I displayed the variant class (mentioned above), through CL03 and found some characteristics included in it, which are not visible in the material master of the kmat material, the class is assigned to.

How is this configured?

Regards

Papri

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Papri Rudra,

May be this characterstic being setup as invisible, check the additinal data tab of this characterstic , there will be a field for setting it invisible.

hope it vwill help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you mean one of the following checkboxes? Maybe the second one?

• Not ready for input [No Entry Can be Made for Characteristic

This indicator determines whether the characteristic is shown as available for entry on the characteristic value assignment screen.

If you do not want a value to be assigned to a characteristic, you must select this indicator. For example, the value may be inferred from object dependencies.]

• No display [Characteristic Not to be Displayed

If you select this indicator, the characteristic is not shown on the characteristic value assignment screen. You see the Hidden characteristics pushbutton on the characteristic value assignment screen. Choose this pushbutton to see the characteristic.

If the Entry required indicator is set for the characteristic, you must assign a value to the characteristic, even if it is not shown on the screen. You see a dialog box before you leave the characteristic value assignment screen, in which you can assign a value to the characteristic.]

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes the second one.

Answers (0)