cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error "10054 ... WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer" observed, while connecting to an Application server, using EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on Netweaver 7.3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed one new "EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on SAP Netweaver 7.3" setup with Max DB 7.8 on Windows 2008 R2 OS.

Post installation, I have re-booted the OS, and started SAP system using sapmmc, all the SAP instances stared successfully with green color.

But, when I tried connecting SAP application server using SAP GUI, got an error "10054 ... WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer".

Also, I am not able to access any of the sap license administrative tools.

While accessing http://idmsap2.labs.xxx.yyyyy.com:50000/nwa, observed an error

Error: Application error occurred during the request processing.

Details: WebApplicationException log ID is [C000A463B2510B2A0000000100000D80].

Also, observed one another error while accessing saplicense -show from command prompt.

*** SAPLICENSE (Release 720) ERROR ***

ERROR:   Connect to database failed

DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99

SQL-ERROR -4008 (check DB manual for explanation)

R3trans -d also displayed an error.

This is r3trans version 6.19 (release 720 - 24.08.10 - 14:38:42).

unicode enabled version

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ADABAS D                         --- DBNAM

E = ''"

r3trans finished (0012).

Because of the above issues, I am not able to use this ERP setup, and I am not able to configure license for the same.

Attached all the above mentioned screenshots and log files, please let me know what I am missing here ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Dinesh

dineshpv@gmail.com

phone: 919880830188

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also as its a EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on SAP Netweaver 7.3 system you installed, you cannot access it via SAPGUI. SAPGUI is for accessing ABAP or ABAP+Java systems - not Java only based systems.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicholas Chang and Srikishan, Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I got to know that, SAPGUI is usable for ABAP or ABAP + java based system - not java only based system.

My intention was to create a ABAP or ABAP + JAVA based ERP 6.0.6 + Netweaver 7.3 system, where we could integrate a third party application which uses ABAP BAPI calls.

But, when I try to install the above combination using Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP 01, I get only one option "SAP Business Suite 7i 2011 Java", which includes "EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on SAP NetWeaver 7.3".

Questions:

1. Does the latest version of ERP 6.0.6 + Netweaver 7.3 combination supports only JAVA based installation ?

2. If some one want to use ABAP based latest ERP system, can't they get an option to install the latest combination -

(EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 ABAP on Netweaver 7.3 or

EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 ABAP+JAVE on Netweaver 7.3) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dual stack installation abap+java is only available for solution manager and PI systems  as of Netweaver 7.0 SR3 .

So in the later releases installations a dual stack for ERP would not be possible. Also when you install ERP EhP6 ABAP it brings Netweaver 7.31 stack with it. So you get a more recent version than 7.30. Would this suffice your requirement?

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Yes, I am able to install EHP6 for ERP6 ABAP on Netweaver 7.31, and it solves my requirement.

Thanks a lot for your above suggestions.

Regards,

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you try to recycle your SAP instance and it should alive for 30mins interval. You can update the saplicense within the interval.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang