cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot return budget from wbs into investment program

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is like this, i performed a transaction Opening a New Approval Year from 2012 to 2013 with option Copy Structure, carry forward measure and carry forward budget. Later i carry forward commitment and budget for the wbs. Then I carry forward budget in Investment Program(IMCAOV).

When i'm doing budget supplement and return from year approval year 2012, its working fine. After that, i did supplement in approval year 2013 with option of carry forward measure. But when i try to return in approval year 2013, its prompt error 'Only supplement can be made for carry forward measure'.

I'm trying to find a solution but SAP recommend to return in 2012 and manual add in original budget approval year 2013. Or i need to close approval year 2012 so unused budget will be all transferred to approval year 2013.

But what my user want is, they can still use approval year 2012 in order for them to do budget return later and at the same time they can do supplement and return in approval year 2013 as normal.

Is there any configuration for this? Did i wrongly performed the step?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zaid,

SAP is right , this is a standard behaviour. I am not sure about the reason but they have entered a validation that if it is an old measure budget ( budget carryforwarded) you cannot select the option 'return' using the transaction.

Regards,

Answers (0)