cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report For Mobile Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i developed one report.I  have to show this report in mobile device.

How to develop this report for mobile to fit according to mobile screen(Screen is Standard)

Please resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You can create crystal report as per user requirement and then save it under mobile category. After saving under mobile category you can view this report on ipad. And crystal reports are displayed page wise only on ipad also.

You can also refer below link for how to create crystal reports.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8514

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam thank you ,can you please tell me how to save report under mobile category(where we find that option) in crystal reports 2011.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you save Crystal Reports into BO Enterprise, you should see an option  "Folders" and "Categories".

If you dont see it. Check with your administrator to provide access to "Categories"  to your user ID.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You can also assign category through info-view/launch pad. Navigate to your report and right click you will get category option. Choose mobile category for your report.

Now you can view that report on ipad.

Please provide points if you find it helfpul .

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam/jyothi,

we are not using info view to keep our reports.

We are using our own web portal to keep our reports.

can you please suggest how to convert report to mobile viewing format.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Divya,

if you're using your own portal but still serving up the reports via boe / cr server in the background (i.e. using opendocument to open them) then you can still access reports on some mobile devices using the dhtml viewer.

• given the above, you may not have great results viewing the reports on some devices due to the amount of javascript etc that is loading with the viewer.
  • some devices may not even load the reports due to the above.
  • you may wish to avoid using the default prompts / parameters...see the link later on for more info on alternatives.
  • the report viewer will have frames which end up requiring designing the report with the end user device screensize in mind  (for ipad as an example the end user will have to use a two finger method to resize the screen which is kind of awkward unless you design the report with a page size specific to ipad.)

please see the blog post here for more info on doing this.

you can also have reports accessed via opendocument and having the final output type as pdf. again you'll need boe or cr server running alongside your portal in order to use opendocument and this type of output method.

if you've got your own webapp and not using boe or cr server (i.e. you're not using the dhtml viewer) i am not sure how you'd do this but hopefully someone out there has done this and can help.

cheers,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can any one please suggest an idea how to do above requiremnt.

We are not using Info view to keep our reports.

How to develop a crystal report that can be viewable in mobiles.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Divya,

since the options are usually build or buy you can look into building your own app using the eclipse designer and crystal reports. they have a separate forum there where you can post your request.

there are also some demo apps here.

jamie

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You might get some help here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/businessobjects

-Abhilash