cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

A pricing condition type is checked as "statistical" in the pricing procedure .

And i see it is not  "assigned to the Account key"...

Now, The issue is:

Though it is not assigned to account key, i see it is still being posted to accounting..

Need some help on this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The condition type which is marked statistical in PP can still be posted to accounts provided in the config of that condition type in V/06 in the control data 2 tab  Accurals check box is ticked and and in the PP config Instead of Account key the accural key should have been maintained and it should be hitting the second GL account in VKOA

Could you check these and update all of us

Regards

Raja

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

saravanan,

Please recheck in your billing document, (Header / item level), Tab Conditions, if for this condition type check box statistical is activated.

And i see it is not  "assigned to the Account key"...

Now, The issue is:

Though it is not assigned to account key, i see it is still being posted to accounting..

Even if condition type is not assigned to account key (in the pricing procedure), the value of that condition type can still be posted to a G/L account. It depends upon the configuration of Account Determination (more specifically configuration & creation of: condition table & "condition records"-VKOA).

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T W wrote:

Even if condition type is not assigned to account key (in the pricing procedure), the value of that condition type can still be posted to a G/L account. It depends upon the configuration of Account Determination (more specifically configuration & creation of: condition table & "condition records"-VKOA).

Hi TW,

Can you please explain the process mentioned above? The process of configuring 'revenue account determination' without using an account key in the pricing procedure...may give some clues to the OP in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Take the "condition table" (in VKOA) "General". This condition table has fields Application,Condition type, Chart of Accounts, Sales Org. >>> assign G/L Account.

(in other words this condition table does not field "Account key)

If for a pricing condition type (ZZZZ), there is value in the billing document (100USD); then this value shall "find" the G/L account because of condition table (and condition record) General (and its condition record).

For the above, there is no need to give Account key for condition type ZZZZ in the pricing procedure (in V/08).

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member ,

Could you please comment on my above post?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

Your explanation was really good like all your other posts. But, it would have been still better if you have explained about the condition records you have mentioned and how the system could determine the GL account (though there is no account key in the pricing procedure) because of this condition table 'General' and the condtion record maintained. This will help the OP in investigating his issue.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I shall test the contents of my previous post in IDES and update the same here.

It might take some time, as currently I donot have access to IDES.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I have small doubts on some Quereis ,Please convey below Queries to Answers.

1. Did you Use General Table in VKOA for posting amount to G/L accounts in your present or previous Companies ? If you used / yes ,What based / purpose on General Table ,Did you use in that company ?

2. You have said as Even if condition type is not assigned to account key (in the pricing procedure), the value of that condition type can still be posted to a G/L account.

Why because you didnt maintain account keys in V/08 at the same time VKOA in General Table doesn't have Account Keys .So now the amount wants to post in FICO level is required G/L accounts.This is required to posting .

What based on ,that condition types of amount will be posted to G/L Account without mentioning Account Key why because the account key used for expression of amount as relevant to Revenue or Deduction or Tax and Freight .If you don't maintain this account keys ,How to determine ,how much revenue ,tax,freight, deduction and rebate amount ?

3. I think so ,we should not use this General Table in Real Time .

Note : General Table used only in Sand Box Level not Real Time Level.Why because General Table doesn't have Account Keys .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

With your post, the discussion is going from "Could values be posted G/L account without account key, in account determination?"

to "Should we use condition table which does NOT have field account key, in account determination?"

3. I think so ,we should not use this General Table in Real Time .

Note : General Table used only in Sand Box Level not Real Time Level.Why because General Table doesn't have Account Keys .

The criteria (fields e.g. Customer account assignment group, Material account assignment group, Account key etc.) to determine accounts depends on the client requirement.

With various fields we can ascertain the degree of detail (e.g. At customer group level; At customer/material group level; At customer/material/account key level etc.).

All this is a matter of settings, done with the input from client.

So to use or not to use....is subjective.

SAP has given the option.

SAP TSCM62_Training material:

Look at condition table: 5:Sales organization

This does not have field account key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

Very Nicely explained ..I have just Noticed VKOA assignment .It has following combinations.

Cust.Grp/Mat Grp/Account Key

Cust.grp/Account Key

Mat Grp/Account key

General( PS-No Account Key)

Account Key

So at the time billing posting if GL is maintained even at sales Org level in "General" there is no need to have account key ,system will post the amount to respective GL.

your post was very informative and well explained.g8 learning

Regards

S.Verma

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know ,whatever you have given explanation but do you know, in which cases ( I am so curios on this, in which scenarios or at what business requirement, this general table wants in VKOA for Client to post their Values in G/L Ac,here business requirement is very and very important to know )  the General Table will be used ?

Saravanam : I want your response on this Query ( Did you find out any solution for your Query ?)

Note : Except , General table,rest of all tables ,we used to post values to G/L Ac.I know requirement of all tables except General Table  .

If you have doubts or Ideas whatever please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Please go though these posting lines...

The criteria (fields e.g. Customer account assignment group, Material account assignment group, Account key etc.) to determine accounts depends on the client requirement.

With various fields we can ascertain the degree of detail (e.g. At customer group level; At customer/material group level; At customer/material/account key level etc.).

All this is a matter of settings, done with the input from client.

So to use or not to use....is subjective.

SAP has given the option.

I  will aslo have the same answer for your above question.

Regards,

SV...

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please dont repeat already posted answer .If you know any new things then post here to all of us.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you share Screen shots of this Condition Type in Pricing procedure and also Accounting .

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only possible reason which comes to  my mind is that there could be some changes made to that pricing procedure.  You can check the log of transport requests moved after creation of that sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear saravanan

plz check this link may be it will helpful

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29788#comment-315022

thanks