cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product category issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i have a requrement wherein the users of the German company code want to see the portal in german .

I understand that German is a default language for SRM 7.0

I have created test users with their profile language maintained as German and this has helped so far . However when i try to create a free text SC and enter a product category number it gives an error saying no authorisation to purchase from this product category

Keine Berechtigung um aus Produktkategorie '101925' einzukaufen

This product category is very much configured in PPOSA_BBP for the user .

surprisingly when i try to purchase an item for the same product category from the MDM catallog , it allows me to do so

Could you please guide regarding what I might be missing out on ?

many thanks

procurement Stream

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please try maintaining  the product category in German language as well in COMM_ HIERARCHY.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please check following things;

1) If you have some User Authorization assigned with Product category

2) Check DOC_CHECK_BADI if it is activated to validate Product category

3) Also you mentioned that you have assigned product category in PPOSA_BBP extended attribute to the user, Did you assign that manually or through drop down? Please do the drop down and see if the Product category you are trying is showing up in there or not. There may be chances you manually assigned the product category but actually there is not properly interlinked.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Thank you for your response .

I have checked on the above points and that doesnt seem to be the issue .When i change the user language to English , the same product category works fine

Is there some language based setting that I need to change / maintain for product category for the Shopping cart to progress , when user language is German ?

The material codes have been maintained in english . This is the first time we are using the German language . is there some translation required for the material groups/ product categories to work while using german ?

Pls advise

thanx

Proc stream

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

The badi DOC_CHECK_BADI has been implemented in the system . However my ABAPer says that this couldnt be an issue as the Badi only throws error message .

Do you feel otherwise ? Pls let me know

There are no product categories showing in the system when I login in german.

Do u thin I have to maintain all the material codes in ECC in german for this to work ?

Thanx

Proc Stream