cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add child node to the parent in Hierarchy with external action event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I need a help to add the child node to the parent node in Hierarchy from the table(action) event, when I select some parent(WS.2.2) node from hierarchy it will open a pop up window with table , when user select the record from the table and click on OK button ,that selected record from the table should add like a child node to the selected parent node(WS.2.2) in the hierarchy.

I created a action action event and wrote the code in that ,if I call the 

ONACTIONTREEONLODCHID() (this is the one I created for Onloadchildren)...will that helps me ..if not please share your suggestions.

Please see the attached screen will give the better idea

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

One approach to your requirement could be that when the user selects assets from the popup and clicks the Yes button, the Yes action rebuilds the hierarchical table, adding the new asset leaves to the selected node and then binds the updated table to the node.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did the same only....on the YES action am picking the selected asset and passing to the method to FillNodeData() and appending to the Asset hierarchy Node...this is my useual stuff to build the hierarchy...

But It is not happeing from the Popup action trigger...I thought I need to trigger the OnLoadChildren action event which generates the Node UI generation....suggest me

Regards

Rajesh

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can confirm this by setting breakpoints in your code, but the onLoadChildren event is triggered only once when a node is first expanded, so it may not be what you want. Also, I suspect the event itself executes before the phase model opens your popup, so using the event won't help you if that is the case.

How are you "appending to the Asset hierarchy Node"? Maybe you could share the code executed by method fillNodeData so we can see how you are adding the selected assets to the hierarchy.

"But It is not happeing from the Popup action trigger". Does this mean the execution never reaches method fillNodeData after the Yes button is clicked or does execution reach this method?

Cheers.

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Resloved, its purely my mistake only...Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Sorry ti interrupt you , i have an another issue which I posted to SDN ..no replies...am checking with you that you may help....i.e

Am trying to pass the data to the XML which I uploaded in my WDA MIMES , which is having some static data , as per my requirment the data I will get from my FM I need to pass to thos XML @ MIMES.....to generate the graphics.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Sorry ti interrupt you , i have an another issue which I posted to SDN ..no replies...am checking with you that you may help....i.e

Am trying to pass the data to the XML which I uploaded in my WDA MIMES , which is having some static data , as per my requirment the data I will get from my FM I need to pass to thos XML @ MIMES.....to generate the graphics.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Answers (0)