SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid Adding up of Demand readings during Device Replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a standard case of Device replacement where both the replaced and new device had KVA register for recording Demand in an Electrcity Utility consumer. I had used the variant Demand14 to transfer the register values. However, it is observed that instead of comparing the different demand values obtained from both the aforementioned devices, the variant is actually adding both the readings.

Now is there a way to capture and record the highest of these values.Please suggest.

Regards,

Saustav Ghosh

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Saustav:

That behavior is standard if the replacement does not copy the logical register number from the old to the new device.  You would need to define a custom variant for the demand billing if you want to avoid this.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Do you know where this custom variant has to be created or can you point some documentation about this that could help me?

You mentioned that this is a standard behavior. I can see that the summed demand is in the installation facts and in the printed invoice.

Do you know if the demand sum happens during the reading upload process or during the billing/invoice process?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: This is the exact situation I have:

Old Meter Demand: 1375142

KW        = 120.420000000

KVA       = 123.120000000

New Meter Demand: 1545641

KW = 119.844000000

KVA = 122.184000000

Total KW              = 240.264

Total KVA            = 245.304

Demand in the invoice:

Meter Demand – KW     240.264

Meter Demand – KVA   245.304

This can happen when the logical register was changed (is not the same) after the meter exchange.

Old Meter Registers: 1375142 Equip 2298398

Reg 1 – Logical Register 807500

Reg 2 – Logical Register 808101

Reg 3 – Logical Register 808102

New Meter Registers: 1545641 Equip 2450630

Reg 1 – Logical Register 886944

Reg 2 – Logical Register 886945

Reg 3 – Logical Register 886946

R.M.

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saustav

We had a similar issue, caused by the new device having a different register groups than the old device.  If the register groups are the same, then the full replacement transaction can be used and in this case the logical registers stay the same and the KW does not get added. 

When then register groups are different, then we had to use full device removal and and full device install instead, and this created new logical registers that ended up with the KW being added.

The solution we found is to use EG60 to change the Logical Numbers for the KW register on the new meter.  eg original meter has Log Reg No 1 (KWH) & 2(KW), and new meter gets 3(KWH), 4 (KW) & 5 (KVARH).  EG60 allows you to change 4 back to 2, which switches the new meter to have the same KW logical register as the old meter and the KW is no longer summed. 

Using EG60 blanked out the Billing Factor (multiplier) and sometimes the Rate Type as well.  EG70 & EG72 can be used to fix these.

Hope this helps

Astrid