Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Templates

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

First of all a happy new year to you!

I have a small question about mapping templates. I have started using mapping templates with a new project for sake of re usability. Now my question is: Do I need to transport these mapping templates from the dev to QA and Prod System or do I only need the mapping template to reference it during mapping creation on the dev system?

Also, when I make changes in the mapping template, I need to re-apply the mapping template in the actual mapping and retransport that mapping again, right?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Answering your questions:

>>> Do I need to transport these mapping templates from the dev to QA and Prod System or do I only need the mapping template to reference it during mapping creation on the dev system?

The templates are not required for the Message Mappings to work correctly. So from that perspective, the answer is: no.

>>> Also, when I make changes in the mapping template, I need to re-apply the mapping template in the actual mapping and retransport that mapping again, right?

Correct. Changes to the template are not automatically applied to the message mappings that use this template. So you will have to apply them manually.

All in all, simply consider Mapping Template and Message Mapping two separate objects, then everything gets clear

Regards,

Greg

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Grzegorz!

I was a bit confused about how to use templates as it is my first attempt using them but with your advice it is getting clear.

Answers (0)