cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting with SAP database ? (Beginner)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

Am a complete beginner in developing SAP iOS apps. can you suggest me some simple tutorials to connect with SAP databases from Xcode, so that i can access SAP data from iOS simulators? . I need a kickstart !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for your reply,sir.And to the question now , can i expose the SAP function module to webservice ,that is all the data of the function module to an XML file , and also  making the SAP server and the mobile client under same VPN . From Xcode we can parse the XML from the URL and gather the data, possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to parse XML in Cocoa, there are specific API calls in iOS for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mr.Ivan , am a budding iOS dev . Hope you will help me in future in iOS development .

Thanks

-Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan ,

First of all thanks for your reply .  I want to establish the same connection without SUP servers, say like using VPN and calling the RFC modules with BAPI , possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid that I know nothing about RFC and BAPI. I know iOS programming very well after many years of programming Objective-C, and maybe you can use TCP/IP sockets to connect this way? But that is a very low level programming, and maybe SAP have a framework that can be used for RFC and BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos