cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS level commands from NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any way to check "OS level commands from NWA where we have only JAVA component installed"

Example what is required : df -gt , ls -ltr and Oracle Select commands and tablespace check.

Reason of asking where we don't have access to OS level and Oracle.

Thanks & Regards in Advance.

Regards

Punit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The quick answer is NO

But you can plug the Java stack system into the DBACOCKPIT of an ABAP stack system and find the Oracle related information (Bar OS Commands) like tablespace details etc.

Cheers

RB

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

To configure DBACOCKPIT, you would need to have schema user password, which I believe you will not have as you said you do not have access to DB and OS.

So overall answer is no as of now, but yeah, will definitely let you know if we get something new.

However for all SAP systems of your landscape, you can install and configure sapmmc on your desktop and add all sap systems including Java stacks and this way you would be able to read all the OS level logs and SAP trace files without access to OS level.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You dont need OS / DB access to know the password. If you are aware of the password for the schema user you can configure it.

Also logs can be viewed from the NWA without access to the OS level.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punit,

It is not possible from NWA.

Whereas from ABAP standpoint you can leverage SM69 to execute OS commands.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

What do you want to check for OS related things from NWA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivans,

It's there is my question as an example.

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

If you've Java knowledge, you can write a small program to execute os level commands. But you'll be only able to execute commands which sidadm can execute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin,

I am not a expert of Java. If you can guide me with an example that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Me too not a Java Expert. But you can ask a question how to execute os level commands via Java in Java development forums, you'll get answers I guess.