Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump - GEN_TOO_MANY_CBS with message Too many "LREF" control blocks generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In FI Substitutions (transaction code - GGB1) and Validations (GGB0) while simulating, we could see the above Dump.

As per my analysis, because of huge number of steps, more number of control blocks (probably generated IF/ENDIF commands are more in number) leading to the above dump.

It is also observed that due to crossing 102399 control blocks leading to ABAP dump.

I tried deleting the available set values, however still the error occurs.

I referred multiple OSS notes, however I could not find the suitable one and everywhere it is suggesting to have less number of steps etc.

Please suggest in case if you have come across this issue and do you have any suggestions...it would be very helpful for your time and advice !!

Regards,

Santhosh Nangunoori

santu.nangunoori@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member189905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
check the sapnote 1589513. 
content of this sapnote : 

"Cause
This is caused by a technical restriction. An automatically generated included is generated for substitution/validation set values. This coding is faster but if there are many sets used, the limit of the ABAP coding can be exceeded. If you now run a transaction where the validations or subsitutions with sets is called, this coding is loaded into memory. Within this memory you have the coding of the transaction itself, the validation or substitution and the coding of the set.  The dump is called because newly read coding overwrites some of the already loaded coding and so the runtime environment cannot use the old coding anymore.

Resolution 
You need to reduce the number of sets used in validations/substitutions. In attached note 325074 please see the solution section. (please ignore the coding correction).  After reducing the number of sets used, please regenerate the coding as follows:  Go to transaction SE38.  Execute program RGUGBR00 with all flags set except the last one ("Trace prog. generate calls").  After the regeneration, execute RGUGBR00 again and ony select the first flag ("Regenerate main program").  Report RGUGBR00 regenerates the coding to the most current status therefore there's no implication to run it in a production system.Please ensure that there is no postings occuring during the generation. This will only take a few minutes. " 

I hope that it will help you.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member189905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
check the sapnote 1589513. 
content of this sapnote : 

"Cause
This is caused by a technical restriction. An automatically generated included is generated for substitution/validation set values. This coding is faster but if there are many sets used, the limit of the ABAP coding can be exceeded. If you now run a transaction where the validations or subsitutions with sets is called, this coding is loaded into memory. Within this memory you have the coding of the transaction itself, the validation or substitution and the coding of the set.  The dump is called because newly read coding overwrites some of the already loaded coding and so the runtime environment cannot use the old coding anymore.

Resolution 
You need to reduce the number of sets used in validations/substitutions. In attached note 325074 please see the solution section. (please ignore the coding correction).  After reducing the number of sets used, please regenerate the coding as follows:  Go to transaction SE38.  Execute program RGUGBR00 with all flags set except the last one ("Trace prog. generate calls").  After the regeneration, execute RGUGBR00 again and ony select the first flag ("Regenerate main program").  Report RGUGBR00 regenerates the coding to the most current status therefore there's no implication to run it in a production system.Please ensure that there is no postings occuring during the generation. This will only take a few minutes. " 

I hope that it will help you.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hello Khalid,

Thanks for Sharing the OSS note.

Actually the issue existing in development system now, where for testing purpose all set values are deleted, only sets are existing without any values. however could see the same problem, even after regeneration of program as suggested.

Provided OSS note and other similar notes are talking about only huge sets and its values. However i observed that in my current situation, probably due to usage of more number of steps and more number of substitutions and validations, leading to this problem.

I am not sure whether directly I can suggest for reduction of number of steps, practically speaking that is not possible immediately, it should be a gradual practise.

Please suggest in case if you have any different thoughts !!