cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getSynchronizationParameters issues in SUP 2.1.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community members,

I am developing an iOS application using SUP 2.1.3 version which implements RBS message synchronization.

I am able to register device on SUP server and also able to synchronize the database successfully. The Following code i am using to set synchronization parameters of MBO of respective classes to get information for list of different items.

ItemNameSynchronizationParameters *  syncParamFirst = [ItemName getSynchronizationParameters];

[syncParamFirst setSYNC_NO:@"101"];

[syncParamFirst save];

ItemDescriptionSynchronizationParameters *syncParamSecond = [ItemDescription getSynchronizationParameters] ;

[syncParamSecond setSYNC_NO:@"101"];

[syncParamSecond save];

After setting above synchronization parameters when i tried to synchronize the database, the application flow is working fine and it is giving appropriate results for all list of items. But according to the expectation of an application, I also want to set the following synchronization parameters of the respective MBO class.

ItemUsesSynchronizationParameters *syncParamThird = [ItemUses getSynchronizationParameters];

[syncParamThird setSYNC_NO:@"101"];

[syncParamThird save];

After setting 3 synchronization parameters of MBO classes, when i tried to synchronize the app, it works fine for the first item, but when i am calling the same code to get information for the another item, it encounters following error

*** -[CFString retain]: message sent to deallocated instance 0x657c490

The problem is getting into the getSynchronizationParameters method of MBO class. Does SUP 2.1.3 provides any limitations over setting synchronization parameters of more than one or two MBO classes. I have tried patch 01 and 02 with SUP 2.1.3, but the error *** -[CFString retain]: message sent to deallocated instance 0x657c490 is still present.

Any kind of help and suggestions are always welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like a SUP feature (bug), have you tried raising a support case with SAP/Sybase ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

How do you come to know this issue is SUP 2.1.3 bug?

Have you ever experienced the same bug in your implementation of MBO synchronization?

Do you have any reference which indicates this bug is caused by SUP 2.1.3?

Regards Anup

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

No I have never seen the problem you are seeing in MBO Sync. I use MBO Sync all the time.

But because it worked twice for you and failed third time, that just seemed like a problem worth reporting to SAP/Sybase support as a case. I presume you can ship a small example of the fault to support ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

We have raised a support case with Sybase.

Regards Anup

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you get a resolution, let us know with a small posting on forum please.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same problem. I think the username and password passed to SUPConnectionProfile are being double released (probably a bug in sup).

I have a horrible workaround for this, until they fix this bug.

If you are using ARC you need to disable it on the class that contains your SUPConnectionProfile setup.

NSString *username = @"supAdmin";

NSString *password = @"somePassword";

for (int i=0 ; i<1000000 ; i++)

{

[username retain];

[password retain];

}

SUPConnectionProfile *synchronizationProfile = [NuvasiveSalesNuvasiveSalesDB getSynchronizationProfile];

[synchronizationProfile setUser:self.username];

[synchronizationProfile setPassword:self.password];

Try running Zombies (Instrument) It'll tell you exactly where this double release is happening, an it'll give you full info on the retain cycle