Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Duty payment - J1IH - Material Write Off

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Some of our manufactured FG got destroyed because of heavy rains. Hence we have to write off this FG materials. As per excise duty rules, I have to make payment on this material write off. After scrapping, I did following procedure for excise:

J1IH --> Material Write Off --> Entered Scrapping material document number (in document number field) and all other input parameters. I clicked on RG23A since I am paying through RG23A.

I went to next screen and entered all other details like excise amount and clicked on Save. After clicking on save, system gave me error: "Not Enough Balance"

I checked GL accounts, there is around 20 Crores of balance in excise duty. I clicked on "Balances" tab in the screen. Its showing "Zero" rupees.

Afterwards, I tried with "Other Adj" in J1IH. System allowed posting this transaction. When I clicked on "Balances" in J1IH, it showed me balance because of which I was able to post above transactions.

Please let me know, why system is showing balance in one case i.e J1IH --> other adjustment and not showing balance in other case i.e. J1IH --> Material Write off

--

Deepak

9 REPLIES 9

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for G/L accounts for MRWO in J_1IEXCACC table.

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Hi Brinda

Really appreciate prompt reply.

GL accounts for MRWO is maintained. Some GL accounts field are kept blank. Please check screenshot for the same.

Please suggest

--

Deepak

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is Balance available for the above G/Ls in FS10n?

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Yes. Balance is there.

By the way, I would like you to inform that GL accounts assigned RG23A BED, RG23C BED, RG23AECS, RG23AAT1  (i.e GL accounts starting 14 series) are pertaining to ED payable account and not CENVAT Receivable account.

Is it possible that this might be the reason ?

--

Deepak

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the G/l has balance then there should be no issue.

Is CR entries maintained for MRWO in J_1ITRNACC table?

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

What you mean by Credit Entries..?

Which GL accounts. ?.. I have not maintained receivable GL accounts in MRWO as i mentioned in my earlier post.

Please suggest.

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to see entries for MRWO in J_1ITRNACC table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since RG23A BED, RG23C BED, RG23AECS, RG23AAT1  are pertaining tobe payable accounts and not receivable accounts could be the issue as you are not receiving duties at the time of write off.

0 Kudos

Hi

Please check your current MM periods are open or not ? if not open the periods and check