cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hit KOFI and KOFK based on different condition types from same Order line ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a normal order to cash scenario (MTS) where from the same sales order line item, we need to post some of the pricing condition types  (including some discounts and rebates) to KOFI and some other condition types (few discounts and rebates) to KOFK i.e. post against WBS to capture the expenses ? How can we achieve this ? This is required to align the SAP accounting with business accounting practices.

If not possible in standard, which user exit can be used to fill the rebates and discounts with WBS (which can be stored in a bespoke table) during account determination process ? Anybody has experience on this or any thoughts ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Cds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deep,

This is possible in standard SAP.

In account determination procedure have both condition types KOFI and KOFK.

(maybe already done) Assign this procedure to the Billing type.

Create the relevant, respective "condition records" in VKOA.

E.g.

In billing document:

value of Condition type1 should go to G/L account A

value of Condition type2 should go to G/L account B

Here use different account key

- V/08, in your pricing procedure, for a condition type have different account key

- VKOA, in "condition records" setup, make use of different account key, assign different G/L accounts

Side comment: If you want different G/L accounts, this might be possible by having only one (account assignment) condition type.

Could you please elaborate why you want to go for two different condition types in one account assignment procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the settings already as you describe. However in order to trigger KOFK (by standard routine), the system checks whether the sales order line items is linked to WBS / CC (i.e. a cost object) in the account assignment tab in sales order line.

In our case, the sales order line item will not have any WBS linked to it. Only certain sales deals or rebate agreements will be linked to a WBS element in a Z-table. We need this Z-table as in standard ECC, we cannot link an agreement to a WBS /CC i.e. to a cost object.

In standard SAP, the cost object is at sales order line item level. However in our case this is one level down i.e. at condition type / agreement level where the cost object will be linked to. Since we are storing the cost object in a Z-table, how will we make the SAP standard routine determine KOFI or KOFK account assignment based on agreement number (rebate / sales deal) retrieved by the condition type during pricing rather than based on the sales order line information ?

Why we need this ? --> There are 2 types of marketing investments - one type is normal investments which are like discounts and rebates i.e. directly passed to customer either at time of sale or later; the other type of investments is basically on brands which  are not customer specific, yet needs to be expensed. For the 2nd type of investments, company wants to post the expenses in cost objects e.g. WBS elements at the time of sale. Hence the need to trigger both KOFI and KOFK account determination procedures.

Thanks & Best Regards

Cds

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the standard account determination procedure KOFI00 has both conditions KOFI amnd KOFK with requirement routines 3 and 2 respectively.

Requirement 3 is fulfilled when there are not CO objects (like WBS elements), requirement 2 is fulfilled when there are CO objects.

You could create your own account determ.procedure with different requirement routines.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Ivano mentioned, the routines make the difference between KOFI and KOFK whether CO objects are involved or not.