Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does BADI HRBAS00_GET_PROFL work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, we're implementing context sensitive structural authisations.

I intend to use BADI HRBAS00_GET_PROFL to update table T77UA.

I've looked at the sample code for the badi and I don't see how it updates T77UA.

Am I suppose to explicitly add code to update T77UA? But if so this badi seems to be called from many transactions, I think I'm missing something?

Any help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi this BADI helps you to create strcutural auth using the Context Auth Objects where in u assign the PD Profiles (or Structural Profiles) in the Roles

In place of P_ORGIN P_ORGXX etc

u will now need to maintain P_ORGINCON, P_ORGXXCON etc

This have a field called profile where u mention the PD Profiles to impletment the strcutural Authorizations. the prerequisites for this are Activating Context switches in TCode OOAC and then using this BADI u will not need to update the Table T77UA.....

Please look into this link for more info around this...

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/7f/1a7d3c8015d10ee10000000a11405a/content.htm">Context Objects Info</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a1/2c0a7241ecc64b8a78cca5c66de98c/content.htm">HRBAS00_GET_PROFL (BAdI: Determine Assigned Structural Profiles)</a>

Hope this helps

Cheers

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manohar, the penny dropped when a colleague had a look for me. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

you are welcome

I am glad that my post was of help to you...

Cheers

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So if I wanted to know what users are assigned what PD profiles would this still be populated in a table? (As T77UA is not populated?)

Does this BADI always need to be run?

Warren

0 Kudos

Hi Liu, This BADI is used for Automatic mapping of User with Structural profile (so that you dont need to maintain T77UA); This is executed during run time and hence its not populated in a table.

Once this BADI is implemented then it runs automatically during authorization check.

Hope this clarifies your doubt

Regards

Chandra