cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do initial setup for MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using ECC 6.0 with EHP 6 and Portal 7.3 with EHP1.

I deployed the Business Fuction BPERPESSWDA1.50 and acticate the business function for ESS like HCM_ESS_WDA_1 & 2 etc.

I also created system Alias SAP_ECC_HumanResources and assign the ESS role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 to the end users.

The standard portal role:  Employee Self-Service (com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.Employee_Self_Service_WDA) also assigned to all end users.

The all above steps had been finished for ESS, now i want to know how can i check ESS fuctionality as we want only TIME SHEET .

Can any one assist me to about the MSS steps (Specifically for TIME SHEET) what i have to do ...

Thanks in advance for your kind support !!!

Regards

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody ...

Actually i want some specific steps for MSS, May some one can let me know step by step ....

As per my question currently Standard ESS is working and for that i did below steps ...

1. Deploye BPERPESSWDA1.50
  2. Activate Business Fuction HCM_ESS_WDA_1 & HCM_ESS_WDA_2
  3. Create System with Alias SAP_ECC_HumanResources
  4. Maintain SSO
  5. Assign the ESS role ZSAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 to the end users in back end system
  6. Assigned standard portal role:  Employee Self-Service (com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.Employee_Self_Service_WDA) to all end users
  7. Deploye SP 06 for BP ERP05 MSS 1.51 (BPERPMSS06_0-10007670)

Now i want to understand that what other steps i have to do like ....

What business fuction need to be activated at back side and what other role (back end or portal)should be assigned to end users ...

Thanks in advance for your kind support and help.

Regards

Anuj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can refer the installation guide or the notes as suggested, switches needs to be activated are listed above, its almost similar config as ESS

Also thereis a new methodology for upload of roles

According to the a note 0001685257, the portal PCD
roles are now to be updated from the backend PFCG roles.

SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2

com.sap.pct.addon.mss.Manager_Self-Service

note 1576982

http://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/cd/9f09c59b9646788c17613aa4971417/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth,

To be honest enough i could not understand ....

As in my above post i completed steps 1 to steps 7 (Deployed SP 06 for BP ERP05 MSS 1.51 (BPERPMSS06_0-10007670) and ESS is working for us.

Now i want to check what other steps required for MSS configuration ...

Do i need to install EA-HR_MSS 1.0 add on, As you suggested SAPNOTE 1576982 ..

i.e. Is it prerequisitesto install the EA-HR_MSS 1.0 add on with BP ERP05 MSS 1.51 ?

If it is yes, then what other steps required to config MSS .. i.e. after installing EA-HR_MSS 1.0 add on ... what other configuration i have to do ....

Regards

Anuj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes you need to install this EA HR MSS, which is for MSS yes above note lists the steps to install it.,

i listed the roles to be assigned above

just deploy the BP for MSS, and install EA HR MSS, as you did for ESS. its similar to ESS.

refer here

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_01/helpdata/en/81/5ba629a6e740c2840a91ad12c994e2/frameset.htm

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000754287&

1588625   Release information for Manager Self-Services Add-On 1.0

1582553   Release strategy for the ABAP add-on EA-HR_MSS

1582460   EA-HR_MSS: Overview note

1565256   Adjustments to Manager Self-Services Add-On 1.0 For Ehp6

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth,

One quick question ....

Just deploy the BP for MSS, and install EA HR MSS, as you did for ESS. its similar to ESS

BP for MSS already deployed and i will install EA-HR_MSS 1.0 add on

But whenever i am checking Business Fuction Related to MSS (tx-sfw5) like ESS then there is not any

business fuction related to MSS (see screen shot) for the same.

I can see HCM_ESS_WDA_2 which i activate for ESS but NOTHING for MSS HCM_MSS_WDA_2.

Do i need to run EHPi for MSS also ..

Regards

Anuj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes cause you havent installed the EA HR MSS add on , unless you install it, you wont get the switches just follow the note step by step above as it details all theinstallation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Anuj,

• Please active HCM_MSS_WDA_1 & HCM_MSS_WDA_2 business functions @ SFW5 in ECC.
  • Deploy Business Package BPMSSADDON in Portal and make sure that BP_ERP5MSS is available in portal.

And assign the MSS related roles to the user.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

since you are using MSS based on ABAP, You can remove other services or links in Standard mss role via lpd_cust so that only Timesheet approval or entry is shown, you need to adjust roles etc to dfine what you want to see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install MSS and activate the business functions for MSS like what you did in ESS.

Nothing diff, its same as ESS.