cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with file processed twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in sxmb_moni two messages were created with in five seconds for the same file in production system.
why it's creating like this please give me your suggestions.
Regards,
Aadi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the production system has many instances (cluster environment) the file could be processed twice. Look at these notes:

- Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter: Question 48. File System(NFS) File Sender Processing in Cluster Environment.

- Note 801926 - XI 3.0 File Adapter: Additional Parameters: Add parameter clusterSyncMode = lock.

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aadi,

The Problem is with sender file communication channel.

PI watches the directory every minute or the polling interval you have setup.  If a file hits the directory but hasn’t completed writing PI will pick up the partial file.

When the file completes the next minute PI picks up the next file.

You can go with the following solutions :

1. Enhance the logic of writing files in the directory : Write files with some tempoary extension first and when the file is wriiten completely then change the extension to the extension mentioned in sender file channel.

2. If your time of writting the files in the directory is defined i.e. you are placing files at a certain time using batch job then you can use PI AAT function. In adapter availability timings you can set the open and close timing of the adapter in such a way that it should start after the file has been placed and stop after sending the file.This is available in RWB- adapter engine.

3. In sender communication channel- adapter specific attributes you can set the value of parameter Msec to wait before modification check to 5000 Msec. This will ensure that sender communication channel does not pick up the half wriiten file. However this does not work all the times.

4. In some cases increasing the polling interval can also solve the issue.

According to me the first approach is good or you can try using number 3 if that works.

Regards,

Gaurav Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aadi,

If you put the processing mode is 'test' in communication channel confiuration every poll the channel will pick the same file.  Change the processing mode to delete or archive and check.

Thanks,

Satish.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aadi,

Do you have multiple receivers or enhanced configuration? Ensure both the messages are for same file at sender side. Also check the archiving as suggested by Raja.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check how many files were placed on FTP , if you have archiving files then check in Archive directory for files.

I dont  think it is an issue with PI Server.