Did you mean: 

Configuration not possible for material & specify a valid configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting the error for configurable material as:

Specify a valid configurable material

Message no. M3544

I have created a material with MMk1 , created chracterstics, and class, and assigned the chracterstics in class. I have also created profile in which I have assigned the class.

while trying to create sales order first getting the message in sales order is :

when trying to find out in MM02, getting the above error "Speicify a valid configurable material in Basic data 2.

What is the mistake I have done, please help to rectify.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor

Hi Venkat,

in sales order please also input the plant , if you havent maination it in sales view of material.

and your issue for reson 3 will be solved.

In baisc data 2 , there is a tick for configurable material and there is option to put configurable material too , but its a optional one and message generated will be a warning message.

seems there is some issue with your setup, check throughly the class created it shoild be of type 300.

also check settings in configuration profile ( CU42).

Hope it may led you to solve the issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the reply. Now a new problem is while creating the sales order, although the configuration comes, but if I change some variants in configuration, it is not capturing the price for that perticular variant. I have maintained the condition records for condition type VA00 in VK11 for all the variants, but why the system is not picking the price?

Please let me know..

Regards,

Venkat

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat Reddy,

Check for the procedure you attached for this cost calculation.

you just need to check , when you pass value from configuration characterstic to referance characterstic for condition type, its passing for all the values you maintained in condition table.

rare possibility is few values are not covered by existing dependency.

another check is , after changing value in configuration screen , dont forgot to hit ENTER.

check for how many values its working or it doesnt work when you change any of the characterstic.

also i would suggest , as its a new issue , you better open a new thread for it.

Mark replies helpfull , if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh, I am opening new discussion. on it.

you can see at http://scn.sap.com/thread/3287077

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark replies helpfull , if it helps you.

and close this thread as answered or assumed answered.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for viewing Guys...

I have solved it. I was missing something in CU41.

Thanks to all..