Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Issue

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

May be my problem looks quite ridiculous  to ask but i am facing this issue and i need guidance through your's expertise. Actually , i created 5 contracts and then 5 orders with refer of those contracts. Later on due to some changes i required to create new pricing procedure. Now the changes of new pricing procedure  can not not come on those already created contracts and orders. If i delete those contracts and orders then no range will be disturbed b/c then new created contract will be start frm no 6 instead of 0 or 1  . Is there any possibility that even after deleting previously created contracts i can get the document no from the start . please guide me .

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot set the system in such a way that it should consider again the number ranges already used, if it is an internal assignment.  You have to remove those number ranges from the respective tables (VBAK & VBAP); only then, you can reuse of the same. But this is not recommended since you have already creates subsequent orders referring these contracts.

The other option is till the number range reaches 5, you can change the document pricing procedure of contract to consider a new pricing procedure and once it reaches 5, again you can restore the original DPP.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear G Lakshmipathi,

I am totally agree from your suggestion that it would not be possible to set new no ranges. Please guide me about second suggestion which you proposed that how i can use the changed (new) pricing proc on already created contracts b/c that contracts were created with previous pric.proc . Please guide me.

Lot of thanks for your suggestions.

Thank You

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can Reset the Number Ranges after  Deleting the Contracts.

Siavavsireddy

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

I am quite thankful for your prompt response.

Can you guide me that how i can reset the range ? b/c on transaction code VN01 when i delete the current number range for replacing with new one it gives error msg

Deletion only possible if status is initial

Message no. NR621

Thank You

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siva Vasireddy,

Can i changed the Current Number on Maintaining no range interval (VN01) directly of PRD ?

Please guide .

Thank You