cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic Value

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any settings for getting Characteristics values  against batch.my business people need  characteristic value and description now we are getting only characteristics Description ( batch characteristics  char type) against batch.
even if i select char. values against batch also its get updating only characteristic Description why its behaving like this....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate what exactly you are trying to do?

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

against batch if characteristic is data type as a CHAR, when i select  char.no. in batch it is showing description only i want charno. and description against characteristic in batch.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What charactistic number?  In user setting, (while displaying the batch in MSC3n, on the icon buttons in the righhand, middle of the screen), you can chose language independent value for the charactistic which give you the general characteristic name.  Language dependent value gives you the text description.

You can also select language independent characteristic value as well in the user settings.

That might help you.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter  what ever you suggested i am agree but my requirement is if i will check any batch against characteristics values i want characteristics values and description now we can get only eighter values or description if characteristics is CHAR....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still not sure i understand what you want.  I think we have a language issue.

In MSC3N when you review the batch,  you can have either language independent values, or language dependent values.

So for the Characterisitic name section you either see the General Characterisitc name or the General Characteristc description.

In the values field, you should see the values.

i'm not really sure what else you are looking for.  Can you provide an example

I..e. I would normally see this:

VISCOSITY_AT_25C  900 cps

or I would see

Viscosity @25C   900 cps

If a Char value:

APPEARANCE  Clear

or

Visual Appearance Clear

If a catalog Char value

APPEARANCE   APPER  CLEAR

or

Visual Appearance Clear

What do you want to see?

FF

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasad Adapa,

compare the settings shown below and post the snap shot of MSC3N of your system.

Hope it may help.

Thanks

Ritesh