cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing to be done in multiple currencies for single customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have single customer XXX for multiple project. so we required to do our billing to be in USD & JPY currencies both – would this be possible or we need to create a new custome with JPY currency for this.

Single customer, two different project and two different Sales order with two difference currencies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

laxmi,

Could you please elaborate on the reason why for the same customer, two different currencies are to be used?

(what is the difference between the two projects?)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

laxmi sathyanarayana

Apart from what already been suggest, you can use different sales area to differentiate customer currency at customer master. As whatever, customer currency you maintain in customer master-sales data, that becomes the base for your document currency.

No doubt, as suggested by Lakshmipathi Sir

you need to change the condition record simultaneously as otherwise, system will consider the currency from condition record if you check in condition tab of sale order.

condition record currency is really a crucial factor, which generally overlooked during conceptualize these kind of requirement.

With best wishes for new year 2013,

JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

I think your post is full of learning!

When you suggest using a different sales area, which element (VKORG or VTWEG or SPART) would you propose / think of changing (to create a new sales area)?

Side comment: When a new sales area is created, the necessary action in order to create valid condition records also has to be taken in to consideration.

Furthermore, from configuration point of view too, extra work has to be done e.g. Sales area assigned to Sales document type (t-code OVAZ)

condition record currency is really a crucial factor, which generally overlooked during conceptualize these kind of requirement.

When you say "these kind of requirement", could you please elaborate (give examples) of requirements?

Thank you, in advance!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not enough to change the document currency in sale order but also, you need to change the condition record simultaneously as otherwise, system will consider the currency from condition record if you check in condition tab of sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

i have Observed that if we are changing the currency at the Header Level the Currency at conditions level is also changing along with Net Value.

Sivavasireddy

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Based on my tests, I agree with siva vasireddy.

Just changing VBAK-WAERK would be sufficient.

It is not enough to change the document currency in sale order but also, you need to change the condition record simultaneously as otherwise, system will consider the currency from condition record if you check in condition tab of sale order.

Could you please explain why it would not be enough?

VBAK-WAERK is USD. Even if condition record has JYP; in the sales order in Tab Condition the currency and the value would be changed to USD (for final caculation; also in field WAERK).

As siva vasireddy has commented, the Net value would also be in USD (not in JYP).

Thus in my opinion, just changing VBAK-WAERK would be sufficient.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

I have tested after your comments and below are the outcome.

Document Currency  GBP

Customer Currency   GBP

Condition record       USD

Sale order shows condition record currency against PR00 under the tab "Crcy" and accordingly the value has been converted based on the exchange rates maintained.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Thus (the remark by siva), in the sales order, at header level change the currency (VBAK-WAERK) would be sufficient to meet this business requirement (irrespective of the currency of the condition record).

Would you agree with the above?

E.g.

Customer Currency: ARS

Requirement: Sales order currency should be GBP,

Action by user: In VA01, change VBAK-WAERK from ARS to GBP (Document Currency  GBP)

Condition record: USD (or any other currency does not matter)

(again the same question) Would the above action (by user) be sufficient?

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change the Currency in the sale order itself for the same customer.

sivavasireddy