cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP EHP4 to EHP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are upgrading SAP EHP4 to EHP6 by using latest SUM 1.6. My OS is RHEL 5.0 with oracle 10..2.0.4 and SAP kernel version is 400.

At extraction step it is generating error at phase "Tests operating system and database version"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ERROR: GLIBC version 2.5 out of range (too low) Upgrade the operating system at least to version 2.9

ERROR: DB version 10.2.0.4.0 out of range (too low) Upgrade the database system at least to version 11.2

INFO: Please note that this check may be preliminary since the tool has not yet collected enough information about the target. So the requested version might eventually be higher.

Determined system information:

Type of operating system: Linux X86_64

Version of operating system: 2.5

Type of database: ORACLE

Version of database: 10.2.0.4.0

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please Guide

Imran Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran

According to PAM for ERP 6.0 EHP 6 following is the requirement from O.S and DB perspective.

You need to be on RHEL 6 and your DB should be 11.2 Patch. Check PAM below.

Regards

Amit padmawar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I am not sure about Kernel 4.00 ( may be it's NW 700) - please check the PAM ( product availability matix) on SAP service market place - EHP6 does not support RHEL 5 + Oracle 10G . As a pre-req step you need to upgrade both Linux and Oracle.Please find the PAM screenshot

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

we are upgrading DB and changing. will come back after that. thanks for help.

Regards

Imran khan 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I am not sure about Kernel 4.00 ( may be it's NW 700) - please check the PAM ( product availability matix) on SAP service market place - EHP6 does not support RHEL 5 + Oracle 10G . As a pre-req step you need to upgrade both Linux and Oracle.Please find the PAM screenshot

Regards,

Dipam