Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The message status set to HOLD

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an RFC to Web Service Scenario maintained as EOIO. Occasionally, the messages are being put on hold as I see them in adapter engine in RWB.

I have gone through several posts/ discussions about the same, and I do understand that this happens when one or the other message was not delivered/ was in error and therefore the preceeding messages in the queue were put on hold, and that we need to remove/resend that very message for further messages to pass successfully.

I have two concerns here:

1. I am unable to cancel/resend the first message. As a result, I have to ask the ABAPer to rerun the RFC. What should I do.?

2. What can be done to avoid this situation. In my case, this has been occuring on a regular basis now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the necessity of setting Qos as EOIO if you want messages to be processed despite of failure of first message...

Else you need to intervene manually and clear the messages stuck in particular EOIO queues..

To ease out the above task you can access the messaging system (http://host:port/MessagingSystem/)and can monitor EOIO queues where all the stuck messages can be monitored and appropriate action can be taken...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

If the messages that are flowing via EOIO queue are strucked in IE due to error out of a message at the start ;then right click on errored out message--> save as luw (get saved in SMQ3).process the remaining messages .Once the problem is resolved then restore the  message in SMQ3 back .

In AE ,as above said  you need to intervene manually and clear the messages stucked in particular EOIO queues

>>I am unable to cancel/resend the first message

Select the message and click on details tab it clearly shows why you couldn't able to cancel/resend message .Usually it happens when you try to cancel/resend messages without clearing the earlier error ed out message.

Regards

Venkat

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for reply and your valuable suggestion.

i tried deleting the first message in Holding state and checked in Adapter engine... the status of the message is still holding. Can you please suggest me further actions.

As of now, the data was sent again from the source RFC and has been passed successfully. Although the earlier messages are still on hold.

please explain what is the difference between deleting/ resending the messages from AE and the link that you provided.

Also, let me know if there is a permanent fix for this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to identify the message which made the other messages on Hold state..ideally there must be a message which might have failed and as a result it blocked that queue...

so you can identify the message which failed via EOIO Sequence monitor of the messaging system and there you can take appropriate action i.e. either delete that message or fixed the problem..

you cannot delete the messages which are on Hold state...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Today the messages went into Holding state again.

Surprisingly, the is no erraneous message preceeding the first Holding message. All the preceeding messages are successfully dleivered.

i would like to mention that this generally happens on days just after weekends/ Holidays. To clear my doubt, I have confirmed with the Basis team there is no downtime for XI server scheduled on these days.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Erroneous message may not be the one processed today...

it can be from previous days or months also...

Check the SDN for previous threads on the same issue..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/170899

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2076100

HTH

Rajesh

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please restart the J2EE engine and reprocess the hold messages

For further reference, Please check the note 816022

Answers (0)