cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Pick based on File name from FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on the Interface where in i have to pick the file from FTP server and process it, but here i have constrain where in i cannot delete the file once i picked it and  again when i try to pick the file next time , it should ignore the first processed file.

I am using SFTP seeburger adapter. i heard about two solutions in File adapter case where in we can write  Unix level script and process it.or else write a adapter module. but here i don't see any option in sFTP(seeburger) adapter where in i can maintain Unix script and i am completely not aware of Adapter module and how to use it in  Adapter configuration.

File format :ABCD12081901_filtered.TXT

any suggestion please.

Thanks,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any  inputs...!!!

Thanks,

Pooja

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Not sure but I think SFTP adapter does not support File Archiving. For normal File adapter you can pick up the file (Source Folder Path), Process the file and Archive the file with a addition of Timestamp in the name to Archive Folder path so that Adapter will not pick up next time (Name Convention should have that Logic).

In your case may be you can go for Custom Adapter Development to achieve the above.

Another way: Pick up the File from Source Path with SFTP and again write the file through a Receiver SFTP adapter (add additional Receiver in your Receiver Determination) in the same path but with different name so that it should not affect the Sender SFTP file processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for the reply, as before said, i cannot delete the file and if in case of if we use FTP adapter,

how can we approach this design, where in we have to pick the file do not delete the file and also make sure that for next polling i am not picking the old files.

Thanks,

Pooja

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Use "Archive" as Processing Mode, not "Delete". Point the same Source Directory as Archive Directory. Set "Archive Files on FTP Server indicator".

Maintain the file name logic so that it only picks up fixed number of characters File name (because you are going to add Timestamp in the File name after archiving).

Processing Mode

○       Archive

Files that have been successfully processed are moved to an archive directory.

■       To add a time stamp to a file name, select the Add Time Stamp indicator.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

■       Under Archive Directory, enter the name of the archive directory.

■       If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for the reply,here i have constraint with your solution ,where in while processing i have to pick the file and archive it, but here business wants to maintain the files in the same folder for next 30 days, so only option of picking the file is based on date. and as said earlier i am not allowed to delete the file in FTP folder.

Thanks,

Pooja

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Couple of things:

1. You are archiving the files in the same folder where originally the files are stored, your Source File Directory and Archive File Directory are same.

2. After Archiving you can keep the files as many days as you want, no issues.

3. You are not DELETING, ARCHIVING.

4. Your Sender File Adapter can not pick up files as per any any date. It continuously polling / searching for file in Sender Folder Path and pick the file as soon as it is available. You can only mention polling interval, thats it.

Again, go through the solution, you will find it how to implement.