cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Material using classic scenario in SRM 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using SRM 7.0 and EHP1, the implementation scenario is Classic Scenario.

One of the requirement is to purchase direct material, when we create shopping cart for material "order as direct material field" becomes optional and i could able to check it. Shopping cart is created without account assignment and approval also completed.

Issue:

Shopping cart fails when it is replicating to ECC, it says Error in transmission.

i was going through forms and it was mentioned that in Ehp1 backend document will not be created for shopping cart created with direct material.

i checked in BBP_PD and found that BE_backend system is SRM system instead of ECC system.

Is there any configuration i am missing or as mentioned in forum for direct material in classic scenario will act as extended scenario i.e local po will be created in SRM and will be replicated to ECC, if so what should i need to do to create PO in SRM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the required configuration for Direct Material procurement:

1.Define a new transaction type & corresponding number range for the Direct procurement.

2.Maintain the same document type & number range in backend system.

3.Define the new transaction type created in step 1 as the value for attribute DP_PROC_TY in organization structure.

4.Also add the responsibility for product category to you local purchasing group.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshu Jain