cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division specific Credit limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have scenario,where i need to give division specific credit limit to my customer,General scenario is one company code should have one credit control area and one credit control area can be assigned to any number of company codes, so how can we map this,

if the customer exceeds credit limit for one division, he should not get blocked for other dicvisions,he should be blocked for the particular division

as the requirement is urget ,pls help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

You can use t. code OVFL for defining sales area specific credit control area. this might help you.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your immediate response,but it is rule to create one credit control area for a company code,and one credit control area can be assighned to more than one company code. so how can we assign different credit control areas to different sales areas in OVFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the same time one company code can be assigned to more than one credit control area. As well you have option of assigning the credit control area to sales area which is different then that of a company code.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to pandya and siva for your immediate respose,thank you very much

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is this statement true: "a company code can be assigned to more than one credit control area?

According to Std. SAP documentation on Credit Control Areas: "It is not possible to

divide a company code into several credit control areas"

Please do not mislead if you do not know.

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Agree, lets not confuse and complicate things by providing incorrect Information.

Half knowledge is always dangerous.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Pandya and siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This dilutes the concept of credit Mgmt. Division is for your internal convenience - segregation of pdts & services. However, the customer is same - his credit worthiness, payment capacity, the exposure you would like to have with him - irrespective of which pdts he is buying from you. I am sure you will agree with this.

In this context, I am not sure there is any Std SAP soln for this. Try to do some consulting - ask your client to take it on a case by case basis - credit release transactions. or still better to review his credit limit and set according to his buyin patterns. This is the best & most efficient way - setting things right in the first place rather than looking for loopholes in your ERP system.

Last - there are always workarounds for anything in SAP. so, we might need to explore ABAP options?

Thanks

Siva