Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman 7.1 configuration issue..

former_member1334776
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I completed installtion and unknowingly started configuration in 100 client completed upto step 6.1 withoout errors but default all my users are existing in 001 client if i change ume in java environment then java is not coming up.... so again i changed it to 001...

Whether it is advisable to start new configuration in 001 from step 1 or to make a client copy from 001 client.....

if i run RCCTOOL it shows that program doesnot exist....

Can u advice me now to proceed....

Thanks,

Thamu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thamu,

This error was caused by missing user SAPJSF and its authorizations when you copied client from 001, you can fix that error by using these steps. I just did below steps by myself and it help me fix that error.

1. Login in your new client (100) as user with SAP_ALL profile.

2. Use Transaction SU01 with user SAPJSF and choose Change mode to be able to Edit user information.

3. check Roles tab, if you can see role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO, you can move to next step.

4. Use transaction PFCG, choose role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO and click Change. Choose tab Authorizations, and then Change Authorization Data. After that, click on Generate button (a button with color red and white, or you can press Shift+F5). Now, an authorization profile correspond with SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO was created.

5. Choose tab User va click User Comparision. If it asks you for saving first, just click Yes and then click comparision againt to confirm.

After this step, you will have SAPJSF user with authorizations exactly the same with SAPJSF in client 001. And now you can change UME to use new client 100.

Hope this help.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

former_member1334776
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Loc Nguyen,

Kindly suggest me...I can start new configuration with 001 instead of continuing in 100 client .... whether it ll create any problem in configuration.....

If so kindly suggest me i copied client from 000 to 100 and started now i want to make a client copy from 001 to 100......

Thnaks,

Thamu,.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thamu,

You can use either 001 client or new client 100, just keep the authorization of SAPJSF always correct.

As SAP recommendation, new client will be used to configure Solman must be copy from client 001 with SAP_ALL profile (it means you will copy everything from 0001 client) and 001 client's master data. This will make sure the configuration running smoothly without problems.

After you make the copy, please check to make sure user SAPJSF also copied.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if you have run configuration process with client 001 already and in the middle of it, just keep moving, you don't need to re-run it with a new client. It's not necessary.

BR,

Loc Nguyen

former_member1334776
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Loc Nguyen,

Thanks for your kind answers....I will stop configuration in 100 client and i will start fresh configuration form 001 client and i ll start configuration from step1...

Thanks,

Thamu.

former_member1334776
Participant
0 Kudos

I started with 100 not in 001 now i am going to start it from 001 as a fresh configuration....

Any thing ll hit if i start in 001 with stopping in middle of 100 client....

Thanks,

Thamu.