cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export / Import java in dual stack system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our latest requirement is to refresh java schema only in a dual stack system.

My plan

1. Export java Database Instance Export & Central Instance Export from Based on AS Java option.

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Support Release 3 -> Software Life-Cycle Options -> System Copy -> Oracle -> Source System export -> High-availability System -> Based on AS Java -> Database Instance Export / Central Instance Export

Export will be taken from production system which is in HA

2. Same way import the dump in dual stack system

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Support Release 3 -> Software Life-Cycle Options -> System Copy -> Oracle -> Target System install -> Central System -> Based on AS Java -> Central System

Import will be perform on Central system.

Will this approach feasible?

Will this effect target system ABAP schema?

Please give your valuable suggestion.

Thanks

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

What you are trying to do is not supported and you can face issues to start the java afterwards.

In the System Copy guide you can see that when you have a dual-stack, you always must perform the copy of both stacks together.

---------------------

SAP Systems Based on the Application Server ABAP+Java of SAP NetWeaver on UNIX

Valid for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to 7.0 Including Enhancement Package 3

1.6 Constraints

When your system is a dual-stack system and you perform a system copy, your source system is copied to the target system as a whole. This means, it is neither possible to exclude a single stack from the system copy nor to copy a separate stack only.

---------------------

Therefore, NEVER run the export/import or backup/restore of one stack only, when your system is a dual-stack. This is not supported.

You can download the System Copy Guide for your reference at:

http://www.service.sap.com/sltoolset ->

Software Logistic Toolset 1.0 ->

[Scroll down the page] System Provisioning ->

System Copy: Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0/7.0 EHPs

Regards,
Henrique Girardi

SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henrique Girardi & Ashutosh Chaturvedi,

Great Thanks for your reply.

Here I want to clarify one topic.

Here the environment is SAP PI 7.2.3 MCOD with ( ABAP+Java ) stack with distributed system.

In SWPM system copy Netweaver 7.1 & higher with ( ABAP+Java ) stack. So I was trying.

So I am taking a different approach. Which is mentioned in the attached document.

In short I will be using the SWPM with ( Backup / restore ) with both ( ABAP+Java ) entire instance by using the following option :-

In Source System activity :

SWPM --> Netweaver Process Integration 7.1 ( higher ) --> Additional Software life cycle tasks -->

System Copy --> Source System --> Distributed System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Central instance export.

In Target System activity :

I want to refresh the target system, just make a copy of the profiles, environment settings, ORA sqlnet files etc.

Preparations :-

1.  If necessary, make a copy of your profiles in the SAP profile directory, a copy of the environment settings of your sidadm and oracle user and your ORA sqlnet files. Note: Maybe you want to save some other files as well.

2.  Clean your target system. Delete your oracle datafiles as you would normally do with a homogeneous system copy.

Central Service Instance

1.  Create an installation directory, extract the SAP installation and start the installation.

2.  Install the Central Service Instance.

Choose the following path:-

Netweaver PI 7.1 --> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks --> System Copy --> Oracle --> Target System --> Distributed system --> Based on AS ABAP and AS JAVA --> Central Service Instance (SCS)              

Choosing the above option follow the screen instructions as appears.

Then after choosing the same above option ( ......  Distributed system --> Based on AS ABAP and AS JAVA ) there are rest of the option:

--> Database Instance ( Choose this option and follow the instructions on the screen ). In this option On the database installation method selection screen choose Homogeneous System Copy (Backup/Restore). Then in this option the installation may stops with the following error message:

I may need to

Follow Note 970518 - Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) SR2

-------------------------<D023322, 23/JAN/07>-----------------------

Error during system copy with Oracle-specific procedure -

vi control.xml

find "update ORACHECK_PAR" and delete row "row.createDb = false;"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restart the DB instance installation ....

On the database schema parameters select screen, fill in the schema of your source system ...

Now we will have to restore your backup into the target system . Need to pay special attention to the file permissions!

Copy the control file which is created on the source system to the database installation directory. Once the DB restore is done then we can continue the SWPM DB instance installation.

After DB instance is done then I need to do the last task in the target system choosing :-

Netweaver PI 7.1 --> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks --> System Copy --> Oracle --> Target System --> Distributed system --> Based on AS ABAP and AS JAVA --> Central Instance.

In this Above mentioned option there one point will come , where I have to fill in the path of the export of the source system. For me I will have

( " /app/exp/system_copy ") is my folder here.

Follow-Up Activities

ABAP : 1.  Perform follow-up activities in the target system as you normally would do after a Homogeneous System Copy.

JAVA : 2.  The Java engine mostly will not started automatically after the target system has been installed and then in the follow-up activities we have to perform to start the Java engine manually.

1.  Follow Note 831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSxx/j2ee/configtool

./offlinecfgeditor.sh --> ( Switch to Edit Mode ) go & select the option --> " cluster_data " --> ( expand & under this ) --> " Propertysheet Instance Properties . ID......." ( Double click ) --> ( then there will be option message window will appear - on that there will be TWO option Yes/No )

Need to Choose " Yes "

2.  Restart the system JAVA will be started now.

Then after we have to perform the following activities for specific usage types (EP, XI / PI etc) or software units of the copied SAP system as mentioned in the system copy guide Depending on the required option:

Creating a Homogeneous System Copy

System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR2 ABAP+Java

System Copy and Migration

Thanks

Kushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It is possible .However, pls make sure that you delete the JAVA DB before starting the import in the target system.

During import, you will get an option to install as a dual stack. Use that option and try to do the import.

Please share your views after import.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Thanks for your reply.

If I don't delete the JAVA DB then what will be the effect on import.

Please let me know the steps to delete JAVA DB.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I am sorry. I was bit confused.

Since the target system is a dual stack system, I think it is not possible . Reason is when you try to import in the target system, you will  have to select Based on ABAP + JAVA only.  In which ABAP will be imported first and den JAVA.

So I am afraid you will need to take a complete export of ABAP & JAVA completely of the dual stack system .

But I have an idea for your situation. However, I am not sure.

You can take an export of ABAP + JAVA from the target system. In the export directory, you can see two folders one is ABAP and JAVA.

Then try to take a JAVA export of Source system . In the export directory , you can see a folder JAVA. Replace this folder with the JAVA Folder that was obtained when taken export of the target system.

I repeat , this step MIGHT work but not sure.

Thanks and Regards

Vimal

0 Kudos

Happy New year 2016. Very nicely explained the topic.

But I am having BIG problem in exporting the DB using the sapinst of ( SWPM 1.0/sp09 ) from the source system. Where in the source system CI & DB are TWO different and separate server Box. ( host ).

I have done all prerequisites correctly with the help of SWPM sap notes etc...

I am doing a homo/system copy from one server to new server / hardware/ High Availability in the target server.

Now When I am starting db table splitting preparation & DB export from the CI server with the help of ./sapinst of SWPM.

I am getting error -"dbhome invalid " which I understand that from CI I am running ./sapint and

it can not connect to the oracle database which is present in the completely separate server/ host / hardware.

So when I start ./sapinst it is not getting the DB profile to connect to the database into the separate server.

Please be kind enough just tell me the command that I should use along with ./sapint

please correct me , I know I am wrong ...

./sapinst pf=......nr00 ... etc... something like this

Thanks & Regards

Kushal

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kushal,

You have to run the SWPM from Database server to export the database.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi