cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible to maintain multiple target value in MIC data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're planning to use QM module for our FERT materials, and we have some issue about MIC. For example, we need to check characteristics like pressure, temperature, etc. And these chars. are quantitative but the quantitative data are based on specific materials, like described in below table

Material SeriesAllowed Temperature(Celsius)Allowed Pressure(KPa)
Series A50~801.2 tolerance 0.3
Series B80~1001.5 tolerance 0.2
Series C>1001.8 tolerance 0.1

Series A allows temperature to be between 50 degrees and 80 degrees, while Series B checks with standard of 80 to 100 degrees, etc. But in QS21, it seems we can only specify either Target value or Lower spec. lmt and Upper Limit, however, we want the data to be displayed in inspection lot are dependent to relevant materials, so as to the UD.

So how to design the MIC? Do we need to create as many MICs as required for each range? or can we do something like OD to dynamic replace them into actual data? Basically, I don't like to create each MIC for each of the ranges as this may be messy soon.

I'm sorry we're new to QM and my boss want me to do some research firstly before starting roll-out project. As I think this is really a very common question, So I think you should have some solution towards my requirement. Could you then please share some guide or suggestion to me?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff ,

For this no need of creating MIc for each range . As range changes for material follow this :

1. Create MIC with control indicators upper lower limit checked . Dont mention values for upper and lower limit in MIc .

2. Assign MIC to inspeciton plan . In plan enter the value for upper and lower .

In this case for same MIC , you can maintain different ranges , as inspection plan refers to material .

For eg for if water percetage specification for mat A is 3-5% and for material B it is 7-8% .

create a MIC name water percentage . create plan for material A and assign mic . on assigning MIC system will ask values for this MIC .enter 3 lower and 5 in upper limit . similarlly for material B use same MIC in plan but with different ranges

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM,

Thank you very much for the kindly reply, I just did some test and yes, it generates inspection lot with data I expect when I go into QE51N.

however, as I'm an ABAPer, maybe I misunderstood that QM guy's problem. I think except the MIC data issue, maybe he is worrying about the maintenance work. In this way, we need to maintain all the thousands of materials inspection plan specifically, that's a really tough job. However, if that's true, we can develop a program to do batch upload for QP01 instead of doing everything outside standard SAP program by ourselves, As he is on holiday now, will check with him when he comes back and invest the reason then.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jeff

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff ,

It depends upon the volume of data to be uploaded . Yes you can use BDC to upload inspection plans at once . Also please note more than one material can be assigned to same inspection plan .

Please close the thread if your query is solved by marking correct answer

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff ,

If your problem is solved mark the correct answer and close the thread .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry not reply you these days as the QM consultant was on vocation until today, just checked with him and got the reason, the accepted values in characteristics for our products rely on the standard that customers specified, for some reason, we are not using configurable material in sales order, so for a FERT material, if sold to customer A, we need to check MIC 1,2,3 with accepted values to be A1, A2, A3, however for customer B, we only need to check MIC 1,3 with accepted values to be A1_1, A3_1.

So for this scenario, we have one material for multiple MIC options and different MIC values either, Could you please tell me whether it's possible to maintain that in standard way? if not, then I'll have to develop some customized programs to fulfill that.

Thanks!

Jeff

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff ,

for this you can capture the customer specification from the sales order to inspection lot . You have to maintain material master under QM view (quality setup ) .

In that case the specification from sales order will come to yor inspecion lot automatically and you can reorcd results . THis is standard no development is required

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM,

Could you please describe that a bit more? As I said, we are not using configurable material in sales order, then where in sales order can we maintain customer specifications? I just went through the sales order but have no idea what configuration can enable us transfer specifications from sales order to inspection lot. Hope you can give me some guidance. Thank you again!

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed.

After discussion, we finally decide to develop a customized program to handle that because even if we follow standard way, we still need to provide as many parameters as required to generate correct inspection lot. And screen QE51N is not so friendly, not suitable for batch input, so we'll replace it either.

Jeff

Answers (0)