Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PD16 newbie, but Erwin expert

former_member1194361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are in the middle of moving from Erwin 7.x to PowerDesigner 16.1.

I am a long time user of Erwin and am finding it difficult to find any discussion forums on PD on the web. Stumbled upon this, but find there are no discussion items at all.

Got access to SAP site, but have not been able to figure out how to log support tickets. SAP support site is a confusing web of navigation. Going directly on Sybase site and clicking on the link to create support tickets throws up a login and if I use the same email id that I used for SAP login, it says email id already registered, but then does not accept the same password as on SAP site.

So I am hoping there are some here on this discussion forum that are in the same situation as ours (moving from Erwin), so that we can share experiences.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

In regards accessing the SAP site, if you have a support plan you could open a service ticket. You can contact the CIC for assistance at 800-677-7271. You will need to have your SAP credentials available when you make the call.  This would be the information that you received in the email that you referenced.

If you have a specific "How to" question regarding PowerDesigner, what is the question?

-Anthony

former_member1194361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the phone number, will keep that handy. I don't even know what type of support plan we have, as we already have SAP and then we purchased PowerDesigner, so will have to check with the agent at that phone number.

Don't have a specific question, but was looking for more like a "to list" or "keep in mind list" for previous Erwin users.

Also, any suggested Data model life cycle management suggestions ? How have others organized there libraries or folders as they are called in PD Repository.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

I am having the same problem (I mean finding PD resources). There is a discussion group on the old Sybase site that you might look through to see if there is anything you find useful.

http://forums.sybase.com/cgi-bin/webnews.cgi?cmd=listitems&sort_on=none&second_sort=date&sort_method...=

Best of luck, and hope this forum becomes a bit more active.