cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Client installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install HANA client as an administrator. My OS is Windows 7 enterprise edition and a 32 bit machine. When I execute hdbsetup, a blank DOS screen pops up and stays. Nothing else happens. I also tried to execute from command line. No luck. Same result when I try with hdbinst executable. Interestingly, no log files are generated as well.

Please view the screen-shot for details.

Please suggest how to resolve this. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Kowshik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kowshik,

Try executing the msdev2010_vcredist_x86.exe manually from the client folder. This will updated the DLLs required for the software installation.

Then execute the hdbinst exe file.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srinivas K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I tried doing as you said. A pop up comes up saying that the executable is nat a valid win32 application. Attaching the screen-shot. I triggered it both from windows as well as from command line. Pasting the screen-shot. Please share if you have any ideas.

Kowsik

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guess you haven't downloaded the correct installation media. From the latest error, I believe you downloaded software for 64 bit architecture.

Below is the latest SAP HANA client available in the market place. Verify it and download the correct one.

IMDB_CLIENT100_47-10009665.SAR

Hope this resolves your error.

Regards,

Srinivas K.