cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error while configuring TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have built the PI dev,qas and pre -prod systems.I am getting an error while trying to do my STMS configurations.I got a new pop up screen which asked the following option for TMSADM:

a)Use your own password appropriate to system string

b)New standard password(see note 761637)

c)Old standard password

I choosed the new standard password and RFC connection is not working fine and below is the error

RFC communications error with system/destination DOM_CTL
Message no. XT101

Diagnosis
An RFC error occurred in the TMS communications layer.

Target system: DOM_CTL.(000)
  Function: TMS_CFG_CREATE_A2D_REQUEST
  RFC message: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'System ResponseThe function terminates).

Procedure
Correct the error and execute the command again.

I have tried deleting the TMS configuration and again recreated in 000client with DDIC .still am facing same issue.

Further i created users' own password for TMSADM in the system setting and still am facing thge same issue

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Bharatram Ramakrishnan,

Create 2 RFC on every system addressing to rest systems in the landscape in client 000 with administrative use id.

i.e at Dev = RFC for QAS & PRD , at QAS= RFC for DEV & PRD , at PRD= RFC for QAS & DEV

Check the connection Test in SM59>ABAP Connection>Connection Test. In case connection test fails,

1. Add HostName entry in HostFile.

2. Switch off filewall at O.S level.

3. check PING.

After Connection Test gets successful,

use same user name & password  for configuration of TMS.

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems your Network is blocking the RFC connection

Please try to telnet / ping the destination server from source with port 3300-3302

if it is happening then please delete the RFCs from secstore and then try again adding the TMS from 000 with ddic.

but surely it look like your Network configuration blocking the RFC

Please do paste the work process trace if you still face the issue

Thanks and regards

Dishant

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

It is feasible.

1. First you have to check the firewall is open for the gateway services. To check it.

if the server is redhat 5 , you can use the command

nc -z <destination hostname> 3300-3302

2. you can also check with the telnet command as well.

telnet <destination-hostname> <gateway port>

3. Maintain the hostname entries in host file for each system and on every system.

Can you tell me the OS you are using.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturevdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Belo are my system details::

oracle 11gr2

SunOS 5.10(solaris)

ecc6ehp5 unicode abap engine

Regards

Ram

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Do you have created the domain controller.

IF yes, just check the points which i have mentioned in my previous post.

and let me know.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me convey other thing ,i am having the Developement system, quality systems   in one location(data centre) and pre-production system, production systems are in the other location.Is the connection via STMS be feasible ?

Or should i manually push all the cofiles,data files from quality system to pre-production system and then import them later ?

Any other solution to overcome this issue?

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Please try below options

1. change the password of TMSADM users in all the three systems.

2. Go to each of the system and run tcode SM59-->trusted RFC used for TMS-->RFC is not editable.......-->for changing the password please use TOGI tcode after opening RFC and then save the new password of TMSADM user there.

Regards,

Nikhil Goyal

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the transaction SM59 and over there check the internal rfc are working fine or not.

If it is working fine. Then try to create the TMSADM user with the first option.

With Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

If you have created this system using the Database of any other system,

Please perform below steps:

1. Goto SE06 in production client, select database copy or database migration and press the ‘Perform Post-Installation actions’.

Follow the wizard and select yes on every question except the one that requests to change the originals from Source SID to Target SID,

That question should be answered with no.

2.  Start transaction STMS in System client 000 , A popup window will show up that requests to include the transport systems in transport domain DOMAIN with the domain controller..

3. Logon to client 000 on the domain controller, start transaction STMS and select the systems button.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me convey what i did::

I tried going into tx  SECSTORE and checked  the  entry /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_EXTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM, I am getting green light

entries  /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_INTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM is marked with agreen traffic light.

entry /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_EXTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM is marked with a green  traffic light

3..In transaction SE37,  i executed  the function module RFC_PING with the destination NONE. Am not getting any error too

Still am facing issue with TMS ,Kindly provide me a solution at earliest

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Use the following OSS note , first delete the secure store entries and configure STMS.

SAP Note 1532825 - Deleting SECSTORE entries during system export/system copy

After STMS config, enable secure store and check the connectivity.

Regards,

Dipam