cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP XSS system in exsting NW701 Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am in very awakard. I have one ESS system configured with SAP Netwever 7 Ehp1. with Backend System SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp4.

Below are the components installed in SAP NW7 Ehp1 system for ESS.

With SAP NW701 AS JAVA, EP & EPC.

While installation of the ESS system the NW701 portal with AS JAVA, EP & EPC was installed first & then the above ESS components were installed using JSPM New Software component Option.

Now, When I tried to calculate the queue for this system for SP upgrade using Solman it does not calculate the queue for above components.

I checked the landscape with LVSM & found below warnings/Errors.

I am looking out how to get rid of this issue.

1. Can I install the XSS component on the existing ESS Portal system? If yes how to proceed?

2. I have to install fresh system using below method

Install SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp4 AS Java with XSS & EPC/EP as an Software Component & Usage Type.

Please help me resolve it.

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin Sable

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share the product assignments for systems SDS and EPD? Have you have linked EPD to SDS? Are you running MOPZ for SDS or EPD?

If you have EPD as a technical Java system for SDS, you should run MOPZ for SDS to update EPD. If EPD is standalone, it can be updated with MOPZ but then it shouldn't be assigned to SDS.

The problem you are seeing can be either due to the product assignments, the lack of Usage Types on AS JAVA or the way you are trying to run MOPZ.

I have never had to reinstall any system to fix issues in MOPZ, sometimes you need to go around corners in order to run MOPZ and to make the landscape vanilla by applying components with a stack definition and after that it will work as designed.

What is your Solution Manager version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply!

Can you share the product assignments for systems SDS and EPD? Have you have linked EPD to SDS? Are you running MOPZ for SDS or EPD?

Below is the Product Assigment for SDS & EPD

For EPD:

I am running MOPZ for SDS.

My Solution Manager is 7.0 Ehp1 SP27.

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin Sable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sachin. I wish everyone on SCN were as concise as you are.

First thing, please remove all EHP4 references from EPD, make it a plain NW701 system.

Second thing that I want to share with you is that sometimes SLD DOES NOT WORK. You may have to change the entries in AS JAVA reporting the components to SLD or even change the components that were reported to SLD by AS ABAP. There are several SAP notes on that subject. That said, please make sure that both AS JAVA and AS ABAP are correctly configured and sychronized with SLD. Also make sure that the Solution Manager is using the same SLD as the AS JAVA and AS ABAP are. If all these check out, it might indeed be a question of usage types and you may have to add an additional usage type to your AS JAVA. There are SAP notes that describe the procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Yes I can see in SLD only ESS 603 /MSS 600 & SAPPCUI_GP 603 refresnces are there.

Only the installed BP's are not found in SLD. Also in Product I am not able to see the

SAP ENH PACK 4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0.

Rest of the packages Ehp 1/2/3 there. Also not able to locte the BP's in SLD.

Can you please sugget?

Thanks,
Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin, as I wrote remove ERP product assignments from EPD. It is clear from your screenshot that you have assigned ERP 6.0 and ERP 6.0 EHP4 to EPD. I would also remove all product instance assignments from EPD except AS JAVA, EPC and EP. All product assignments will be done in SDS. Since you have flagged EPD relevant for SDS, MOPZ will include any required components for EPD in the stack XML. Missing BPs, Business Packages that is, aren't your problem. MOPZ will include them in the stack XML but missing BPs in the SLD are not the reason why MOPZ isn't working for you.